cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
testingflexera1
Level 4

Why would you make multiple license generator configurations for one technology?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I understand that there is an object "License generator". You can add License generator custom attributes. Hereby actually adapting the class of the "License generator" object. Every technology has one "License Generator Class" but can have multiple "License generator configurations" which are actually instantiations of the "License Generator Class".

I'm wondering now: What would you put in these "License generator configurations" and why would you want multiple of them? What information can you put in there that you can't put into a "License Model"?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @testingflexera1  This option is to use for more than one Vendor VCG for the same License Technology or Same Vendor with different encryption levels for generated licenses, find the following details from the document which will help

Managing License Generator Configurations

A given license technology may have one, or many associated license generator configurations. For example, FlexNet Publisher Licensing Toolkit may have several license generator configurations to support different release versions. You may also want different license generator configurations to support different encryption levels for generated licenses.

A license generator configuration lets a publisher model any attributes that are specific to the license generation toolkit or executable. These are typically not business attributes. For example, with FlexNet technology, an example of an attribute could be the encryption strength used to generate a license.

https://docs.revenera.com/fno2020r1_onprem/producer/Content/helplibrary/opsManLicenseGenConfig.htm#fno_admin_admintasks_1991527155_1973616

Let me know if you need any more information?. 

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @testingflexera1  This option is to use for more than one Vendor VCG for the same License Technology or Same Vendor with different encryption levels for generated licenses, find the following details from the document which will help

Managing License Generator Configurations

A given license technology may have one, or many associated license generator configurations. For example, FlexNet Publisher Licensing Toolkit may have several license generator configurations to support different release versions. You may also want different license generator configurations to support different encryption levels for generated licenses.

A license generator configuration lets a publisher model any attributes that are specific to the license generation toolkit or executable. These are typically not business attributes. For example, with FlexNet technology, an example of an attribute could be the encryption strength used to generate a license.

https://docs.revenera.com/fno2020r1_onprem/producer/Content/helplibrary/opsManLicenseGenConfig.htm#fno_admin_admintasks_1991527155_1973616

Let me know if you need any more information?. 

Best Regards,

Hi @mrathinam ,

Thanks for the reply. I see. Quick follow up question:

Is it correct to say that "A license generator" is the class and a "License generator configuration" is an instantiation of that class?

As when I create a "custom license generator attribute" this attribute can be filled in for all "license generator configurations" (of the same license technology). Thus by creating a "custom license generator attribute" I'm basically adapting the "license generator" class.

0 Kudos

Hi @testingflexera1 Yes, you are right. 

Best Regards,