Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KerstinF
Level 3

Which role permissions is needed to create a new user and assign a role

Jump to solution

Dear Community,

we have created a new "limited" admin role for FlexNet Operations.  With this role the "limited Administrator" should be create new users. But I've problems with the permissions setting. I've activated all permissions of "User Management" and "Account Management" but the user with this role is unable to create a new user, because it is not possible to select a role in step "Link user".

Which permission do I need to activate that the limited Admin role is working fine?

Thank you for your feedback.

Best regards

Kerstin

0 Kudos
(1) Solution

Hi Kerstin,

I've tried your role settings. If I setup up the role as a "Producer User", I have the same result like you.

Changing the role to "Portal User" fixed this issue. With this role you can add roles during linking the user to an account.

Hope it works for you 🙂

Best regards,

Max

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(8) Replies
maximilianhense
Level 4

Hi @KerstinF,

do you have a screenshot of the limited admin permission settings?

Thank you and best regards,

Max

0 Kudos
Hello Max,

attached you can find the screenshot.

[cid:image001.png@01D5CF6C.2D083D70]

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kerstin Fehn
DC/BDC1

Tel. +49 9352 18-1521
Mobil +49 162 2933859
Threema Work 2PUJWHZP
0 Kudos

@KerstinF  Thanks for providing details.  Can you please re-attach the screenshot as its  not visible.

From your earlier provided screenshot's it seems that, the limited admin role is assigned to create only Producer users with roles and hence it is not allowing you to create Customer users.  Since there is no permission provided for End user portal in the role, I believe end user portal related roles are not appearing. Can you please try checking permissions of "Account Permissions - End-User Portal" and see if that works for you.

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

what do you mean with: "Can you please try checking permissions of "Account Permissions - End-User Portal" and see if that works for you."

Thank you for your feedback.

Best regards

Kerstin

PS: Attached you can find the whole role setting.

0 Kudos

Hi Kerstin,

your setup for this specific role seems to be correct.

Can you try to change the role type on top of the page to "Portal Role"?

Best regards,

Max

Hi Kerstin,

I've tried your role settings. If I setup up the role as a "Producer User", I have the same result like you.

Changing the role to "Portal User" fixed this issue. With this role you can add roles during linking the user to an account.

Hope it works for you 🙂

Best regards,

Max

0 Kudos

Dear Max,

Thank you very much. I've changed it and now it's wroking fine. 🙂

Have a good day and best regards

Kerstin

You're welcome 🙂

Can you please mark my post as a solution?:)