cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmoleary
Level 6

What is the "MYORG" Account for? It has users I've never heard of

Jump to solution

I'm creating license entitlements for my own company.  During my FNO orientation, the Flexera rep told me that its a good idea that all entitlements be associated with an account, even our own.  So I need an account.  

This is my first time using our new FNO server.  Looking at the account list, I see one customer account called "PORTAL_ORG_UNIT"  and one producer account called "MYORG".  The "MYORG" account seems like a natural, but it is full of names of people with Flexera email addresses.   "Sherril Robbins", "Andrew Kline", "Joe McMillan"

What is this account?  Why are Flexera people listed on it.  Am I supposed to use it for my own company?    Or should I create another one.  And if I create one for my company should it be a producer account?  Customer account?  Something else?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
wmarek1
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

FlexNet Operations is trying to save time when first rendering a page by only loading the first page worth of data.

The default size of the page can be set with system configuration. System->Configure->User Interface tab->Records per Page.

Clicking on the question mark will force FNO to go out and find out how many records there actually are and then let you start paging.

If you are not seeing a user, just by browsing, try searching for the name or email address. I'm sure you are in there.

As Jackie pointed out, Revenera support team and internal operations team members are automatically added, but can be inactivated.

There is currently a bug in the Manage Users screen that does not allow the column sorting to work correctly. Reverse alphabetical sort works better for us with a late alphabet name. 🙂

BTW, you should change the Account Name of MYORG to company name. You won't be able to change the Account ID.

Walt

FlexNet Operations, FlexNet Embedded, FlexNet Publisher, FlexNet Connect, FlexLM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(4) Replies
jchagnot
Flexera Alumni

Hi JMOleary

To answer your questions:

What is this account?  "The MYORG account is "your organization".  This is your org to connect all of your internal user profiles.

Why are Flexera people listed on it.  "When we turn on a system, we have default support users already provisioned so if you need help immediately, they have access to the system and can provide you the guidance you need.  These users may be inactivated once you are prepared to go live.

Am I supposed to use it for my own company?   Yes, you should use for your own company and add all your internal resources

Or should I create another one. No, there is no need to create another producer account (MyOrg)

I hope this answers your questions

Jackie

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for clearing that up.  ButWhen I go to that MYORG account and look at the list of users, I see two problems.

1. I do not see a user entry listed for myself on that page.  Not even if I try to go to the next page..  How then, am I even able to log on to the production server in the first place?  Don't I need to be entered here in MYORG first?  I ask this because I want to be able to grant another member of my company access to the server so I figured this would be the place to add them.

2. At the bottom of the page it there is the label"Page 1 of"  next to a button that has the text "??".  The "??" part is -- I assume -- supposed to be a count of pages.  Why does it say "??"

0 Kudos
wmarek1
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

FlexNet Operations is trying to save time when first rendering a page by only loading the first page worth of data.

The default size of the page can be set with system configuration. System->Configure->User Interface tab->Records per Page.

Clicking on the question mark will force FNO to go out and find out how many records there actually are and then let you start paging.

If you are not seeing a user, just by browsing, try searching for the name or email address. I'm sure you are in there.

As Jackie pointed out, Revenera support team and internal operations team members are automatically added, but can be inactivated.

There is currently a bug in the Manage Users screen that does not allow the column sorting to work correctly. Reverse alphabetical sort works better for us with a late alphabet name. 🙂

BTW, you should change the Account Name of MYORG to company name. You won't be able to change the Account ID.

Walt

FlexNet Operations, FlexNet Embedded, FlexNet Publisher, FlexNet Connect, FlexLM
0 Kudos
Excellent thank you!
0 Kudos