cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tobias242
Level 2

What does "Claim Activation IDs" entry in End User Portal do?

Jump to solution

Hallo,

I do not understand what the "Claim Activation IDs" entry in the end user portal is for. We are using FlexNet Embedded and the normal process is that we generate Entitlements in the the producer portal. In this step we already map the Entitlement IDs and Activation ID to an account. The end user can use the end user portal to create devices and generate capability response files (for activation).

In the end user portal menu there is this "Activations & Entitlements" -> "Claim Activation IDs" entry.  When opening the "Claim Activation IDs" page you can enter an ID (see attached screenshot). I tried to enter Activation IDs for the logged in customer but I always got the following error message:

The supplied web register key was not found or it has already been redeemed. Please note that users belonging to a customer account can only redeem web register keys. [Incident# 5692-7213045]

I really do not understand why the "Claim Activation IDs" function is needed? When I log in to the end customer portal I can see all Activation IDs belonging to the account of my user anyhow.

Maybe someone can help me out.

Regards,

Tobias

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi Tobias,

This feature is used in conjunction with Bulk Entitlements.  Bulk Entitlements are commonly used when selling/distributing through a Channel where you initially do not know the end user or Account.   Bulk Entitlements create (or you can supply) what are called web registration keys which can be sold through the Channel and registered by the end customer or Channel Partner.  If an end customer already has an Account and can login to the FlexNet Operations customer portal, they can add the entitlement associated with the purchased web registration key to their existing account via the "Claim Activation IDs" link.  If the end customer is a new customer they can use the "Register" link on the end customer portal login page to register their web registration key and create a new Account/User.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
cvirata
Revenera Community Admin Revenera Community Admin
Revenera Community Admin

Hi @Tobias242,

It looks your question is specific to the FlexNet Operations product. I am moving your question to the FlexNet Operations product forum, where you can get your question answered by your peers. Going forward, you can access the product forum by going to this link: https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Operations-Forum/bd-p/FNO-Discussion

Regards,

Christine 

Flexera Community Team

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi Tobias,

This feature is used in conjunction with Bulk Entitlements.  Bulk Entitlements are commonly used when selling/distributing through a Channel where you initially do not know the end user or Account.   Bulk Entitlements create (or you can supply) what are called web registration keys which can be sold through the Channel and registered by the end customer or Channel Partner.  If an end customer already has an Account and can login to the FlexNet Operations customer portal, they can add the entitlement associated with the purchased web registration key to their existing account via the "Claim Activation IDs" link.  If the end customer is a new customer they can use the "Register" link on the end customer portal login page to register their web registration key and create a new Account/User.

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. I have disabled this feature in our end user portal as we do not selling/distributing through a Channel.

0 Kudos