cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yamahapacifi
Level 5

Variable versions

When configuring a new feature, you are of course given the choice of entering a 'fixed' version or a date-based version. The date-based version can be configured at entitlement time, while the 'fixed' version cannot.

Can operations be configured so that the numeric version can be used and configured at entilement time? If not through the Flex-Ops user interface, is this possible using the Web Service interface?
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I gather that once a feature is in the Deployed state, you can't change its fixed version number. I imagine you could dynamically create features with specific fixed versions using the publisher web services, but then you'd presumably need to create a product that includes the new features (a Deployed product can't change its included features), and so forth.

There might be some FLEXnet Operations trick that I'm not aware of; but one option that comes to mind is to put the custom entitlement-time or fulfillment-time version in VENDOR_STRING or SN, and then have a little checkout filter in the FLEXenabled application code to test that value...
0 Kudos