cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krubin
Level 7

Hello,

Is there a way to query for  which users (or their activation ids)  have gotten updates where the entitlement check is by account?

Thank you,

Ken

0 Kudos
(2) Solutions
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi Ken, 

Responses below:

1) I created the call in Postman and I get a 404 response. The details of my call are shown attached below. Please advise. I did not attempt to poll after the post.

You are not sending your request to the correct notification server endpoint, you are missing the "-ns". 

The URL should be https://flex1735-ns.flexnetoperations.com/uai/2.0/updates/statusLog

2) I'm not sure how status reason and timestamp are used within the body.

Status Reason is an optional field.  You can send string text back to indicate a device status other than the 6 that are "hard coded" via the statusCode.  Timestamp is the time of day you are posting the Status.   Example:  "timeStamp""2021-02-26T08:49:34-05:00"

3) Is it correct to say that using any construct, I can only set the status on one Entitled customer at a time?

Status Logs updates are per-device.

Thanks,

Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi Ken,

Also note that activationId is not a valid parameter for the Status Log update.  If you want to pass that back for reporting reasons you could include it as the statusReason.

Thx,

Jim

View solution in original post

(6) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi Ken,

I think the closest thing to getting that information would be to run the Device Updates Extract.  It  will give you the DeviceID and UpdateID (among other fields, see below).  You can then filter the results based on which Updates you have configured with an Account Level entitlement check.

2021-02-24_7-25-21.png

Thx,

Jim

0 Kudos

Hi,

I configured the Device Updates Extract in our production portal 1735 area to run every half hour.

The next thing I did was a few downloads.

I found the job numbers using: https://flex1735.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/extracts/ 

I tried to extract the files using this command for both a few job runs each a half hour apart: https://flex1735.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/extracts/10190028/file

However the files were empty. I thought that the first job run would give updates from yesterday and the second job would include my downloads.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Ken

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi Ken,

Are you posting a Status Log on your devices via the /statusLog REST API?   The Device Updates Extract contains information from devices that have posted status log updates since the last time the job ran.  I ran the job, updated a device that posted several status logs and ran the job again.  The results were included as shown below:

2021-02-26_9-56-21.png

Thanks,

Jim

Hi,

1) I created the call in Postman and I get a 404 response. The details of my call are shown attached below. Please advise. I did not attempt to poll after the post.

3) Is it correct to say that using any construct, I can only set the status on one Entitled customer at a time?

Thank you,

Ken

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi Ken, 

Responses below:

You are not sending your request to the correct notification server endpoint, you are missing the "-ns". 

The URL should be https://flex1735-ns.flexnetoperations.com/uai/2.0/updates/statusLog

Status Reason is an optional field.  You can send string text back to indicate a device status other than the 6 that are "hard coded" via the statusCode.  Timestamp is the time of day you are posting the Status.   Example:  "timeStamp""2021-02-26T08:49:34-05:00"

Status Logs updates are per-device.

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi Ken,

Also note that activationId is not a valid parameter for the Status Log update.  If you want to pass that back for reporting reasons you could include it as the statusReason.

Thx,

Jim