cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmoleary
Level 6

Unable to delete unwanted License Models from "Package Products" page

Jump to solution

I'm an FNO newbie attempting to set up our production FNO server so that other people in my company may use it.  I have noticed that the Package Products - License Models  page lists models for both FlexNet Publisher (FNP) as well as FlexNet Embedded (FNE).   But we only use FNE.  We have no intention of ever using FNP. 

So I want to remove all of the models that have to do with FNP from the page completely so that nobody else will ever even mistakenly choose them.  Unfortunately I cannot figure out how to do this. 

I select all the FNP models (i.e. all the models for which "Is this an embedded license model" is set to "no") and then choose "Delete".  It asks me to confirm I want to delete those models and I say "yes"

Then nothing happens.  The models remain all there.  They're all in "Draft" state, if that matters

How do I get rid of them?  Is it possible?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Please try again.  I have had success deleting license models in my production instance.  Depending on the license model attributes it can take quite a long time to delete.  

Thanks,
Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(5) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jmoleary 

You should be able to delete license models in a draft state.  This issue exists in other environments as well and is currently under investigation.

Thanks,
Jim

0 Kudos

Ah great, thanks for the info. 

Is there, by any chance, some sort of thread or issue-report that I might follow/subscribe to in order to be notified of changes in the status?  Or is the investigation purely an internal thing?

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jmoleary ,

It's an internal investigation at this point ...

Thx,

Jim

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Please try again.  I have had success deleting license models in my production instance.  Depending on the license model attributes it can take quite a long time to delete.  

Thanks,
Jim

0 Kudos

Wow.  That was it.  I just needed to be patient.  You were right about it taking a long time.  Like, Go-get-a-cup-of-coffee long time for just one model.  But it works and it's not like I'll be doing it much.  

Thank you. 

0 Kudos