cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maurizio_prazz
Level 2

Stuck on error: Manifest object with an empty mainfestFiles list

Hi to all, I'm writing here to ask if anyone is using the FlexNet Operations product, in production environment. We've spent many effort in develop FlexNet Operations client and integrate FlexNet Operations flow in our application logic, and we've complete a lot of internal test in order to make our product compatible with FlexNet Operations; we were assured from Flexera that the product FlexNet Operations is ready to be released, and we've completed all this test using a test instance of FlexNet Operations services.

We've announce automatic update feature for our product, but now we cannot deliver the feature since we've technical issue with FlexNet Operations Portal. We're stuck on following error: Manifest object with an empty mainfestFiles list

We've contact FNO support but we're unable to get proper support to fix the problem; we're waiting for support from 20th Jun.

I'm in serious trouble; we've to give answer to product manager team but I cannot figure out why flexera doen't provide technical support, could someone give some feedback about usage product in production enviroinment?

0 Kudos
(5) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @maurizio_prazz,

Can you please provide the case number for your support ticket?  By the nature of your error it looks as though you are using the Updates & Insights Module.   

Thanks

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hello @maurizio_prazz ,

I believe I found your case and tested out the update referenced in the support case.  I was able to successfully retrieve the file URL for the update using the REST APIs and have sent an email with the details.

Best regards,

Jim

0 Kudos

Dear @jberthold ,

as you can see in attached video, following all steps described in your email, the behaviour isn't changed: manifestFiles is empty.

Regards,

Andrea Scacchi

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hello @AEE_IT ,

I believe the reason why you are receiving the empty manifest is due to the export classification of the Download Package for your Update (Download Package ID: TestApp2.0.0.0).  Restrict to US/CANADA (NLR) was set to No, and both the ECCN and ENC codes were set to "Unknown".    

The text in the Edit Download Package UI states:  "If “Restrict to US/CANADA (NLR)” is set to “No”, ECCN, ENC, and CCATS codes must be entered in valid combinations. You will not be able to select an ENC or CCATS code if it’s not a valid option in relation to the selected ECCN code."

I set the ECCN on the download Package to EAR99.  Can you please retry your test to see if it is successful?  I believe my original test worked for me because I am located in the US.

Best regards,
Jim

Dear Jim,

after your explanation and your modifications, we tested it again and works properly.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards,

Andrea Scacchi

0 Kudos