Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FelixL
Level 3

Reduce the NumberOfCopies of an free EntitlementLineItem

Jump to solution

Dear Comunity, 

i used the SOAP API to edit Entitlements and EntitlementLineItems. In my case i want to reduce the amount of an LineItem. For example a customer order 7 lineItem and retoure 2 of them. 

So this are the information about the lineItem Quantity i want to reuduce. State is deployed. Entitlement is also Deployed. 

<numberOfCopies>7</numberOfCopies>
<fulfilledAmount>7</fulfilledAmount>
<numberOfRemainingCopies>2</numberOfRemainingCopies>

There are 2 free licenses. This i want to remove that the lineItems just contains 5 instead of 7.With the v1/EntitlementOrderService i can use the UpdateEntitlementLineItem Request add adjust the NumberOfCopies and can do this very quick. 

Now i updatet my service to the v4/EntitlementOrderService and try exactly the same with the error code: 

7392:Number of copies cannot be set to a number less than the fulfilled amount 7.

Is there a smart way to reduce the NumberOfCopies of an LineItem? Many thanks.

0 Kudos
(2) Solutions
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @FelixL Thanks for the case 02738282. Our support team will start an investigation soon. 

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @ThomasHP Good point, let me try to post it but most of the time it is not possible unless the user is asking for the final fix when the support case is opened or the User updates the solution after the case is closed. 

This reported issue is expected to be fixed in OnPrem 2023.R1. Yet to validate and confirm

Let me update our test results soon. 

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

(6) Replies
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @FelixL Thanks for the ask, this needs an investigation, can you please raise a support case to get this fixed?

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi @mrathinam, i have raised a Support Case. Thank you!

mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @FelixL Thanks for the case 02738282. Our support team will start an investigation soon. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
ThomasHP
Level 2

HI @FelixL , @mrathinam ,

can you please publicly post a/the solution to the issue such that the community can profit from the thread? Thank you.

mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @ThomasHP Good point, let me try to post it but most of the time it is not possible unless the user is asking for the final fix when the support case is opened or the User updates the solution after the case is closed. 

This reported issue is expected to be fixed in OnPrem 2023.R1. Yet to validate and confirm

Let me update our test results soon. 

Best Regards,

Hi @ThomasHP ,

Unfortunately, i haven't found a workaround that works efficiently. The only thing that would work is to delete and recreate it and put the details of the action in the description.

New LineItem with

• all parameters adopted from deleted one
  • QTY adjusted
  • Extend the description field with return number and further information

Best regards