Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krubin
Level 7

Question about Device Updates Extract report structure

Jump to solution

Hello,

I was able to get an output for the Device Updates Extract Data. I'm trying to gain a clearer understanding of the report output data. The .csv file is attached.

I have done downloads for shops A222 and P365 and all of the fields are filled out. This makes sense.

Shop P364 is entitled, but no download was performed. I can see that some of the fields are null, which makes sense.

Shop A777 is not entitled and no download has been attempted.I can see that some of the fields are null also, which makes sense.

How would I explain to others why certain fields are set to null when there is no download done?

Thank you,

Ken

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

HI @krubin ,

I'm not sure what you are asking if everything makes sense :). 

A device can be registered in FlexNet Operations without providing an Activation ID.  This is called an Anonymous device and will not be linked to an Account.  If it is not linked to an Account the Account ID/Name fields in the Extract will not be populated.  Anonymous devices will not be able to receive Updates if you are using an Account level entitlement check (which I believe you are).  

Thx,

Jim

0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

To be specific, If I don't think I did an update for a registered  device A222 (linked to an account) today. Why does the line show in the Device Updates Extract attached ?

Some fields are null such as Device Name and Account Id.

I did the status log restful call for it, then ran the extract report.

Thank you,

Ken

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi Ken,

The Device Updates Extract will contain data on all updates to devices, including device status.  If you ran the status log restful call for the referenced device it will then appear in the extract.

Thx,
Jim

0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

My final goal is to be able to tell which entitled and account based device has had a download based on the Device Updates Extract output.

I run the status log after the download and then the Device Updates Extract Report. Sometimes the status log is run on devices that did not have a download, because I'm not sure if they were downloaded.

I believe that this entry below did not update on today 3/12. Device A222 is entitled, registered and account based. I noticed some null fields.

A222_BMSClient,,,,BloomlinkClient-7.0.2.0-7.0.3.0,BloomlinkClient-7.0.2.0-7.0.3.0,Download started,A222,"Mar 12, 2021 05:49:34",English,Windows-64,BloomlinkClient-7.0.3.0

A222 was updated on 3/11. I do not see nulls.

A222_BloomlinkClient,A222_BloomlinkClient,BloomlinkClientA222,BloomlinkClientA222,BloomlinkClient-7.0.2.0-7.0.3.0,BloomlinkClient-7.0.2.0-7.0.3.0,Download started,A222,"Mar 11, 2021 09:49:34",English,Windows-64,BloomlinkClient-7.0.3.0

Does the lack of nulls tell me that one update occurred on 3/11 and did not occur on 3/12 or not?

Sorry for so much back and forth.

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi Ken,

Sorry I do not have an explanation for why the Device Name and Account ID/Name are not being displayed in the extract in certain instances.  If you could please log a support ticket for further investigation it would be appreciated.

Thx,

Jim

Sure thanks!

0 Kudos