Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andybevan
Level 6

Product Upgrade with Maintenance

Jump to solution

Hi

I am testing the automatic product upgrade functionality.  Unfortunately I am unable to create an upgrade for a line item with a permanent licence and expiring Maintenance.

I have 2 Products in the same Product Line and using the same License Model.  These Products are both linked to the same Maintenance.  They are also related to each other by the Upgrade To and Upgrade From relationships, in accordance to their version numbers of 1.0 and 2.0.

I have created an Entitlement with 1 line item, of Product v1.0 and included the Maintenance (with an expiry date of 3 years time).  However, after running the Product Version Upgrade Alert, I do not recieve an new line item of Product v2.0, nor do I receive the associated email.

In my other test, where I use the same set up but have an expiring Activation for Product v1.0 that is in date, the process completes as expected and a new line item for Product v2.0 is added to the Entitlement.

Have I missed something out when setting up the Maintenance?  I have followed all the steps in the Help manual, to no avail.

Cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
andybevan
Level 6

I have resolved this.  I needed to do 2 things:

1. Add the Maintenance to the same Product Line.
  2. In the Entitlement, link the maintenance line item to the Activation ID.

After completing these actions, the update worked as expected.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
andybevan
Level 6

I have resolved this.  I needed to do 2 things:

1. Add the Maintenance to the same Product Line.
  2. In the Entitlement, link the maintenance line item to the Activation ID.

After completing these actions, the update worked as expected.