Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jusbla
Level 3

Merging FNE Servers

Jump to solution

Hello!

I've merged to accounts in FNO, and this has tied the two FNE Servers to the final account. But the entitlements from the original (now empty) account aren't available on the final account. I assume that merging the FNE servers would resolve this, but it doesn't seem to be possible.

I'm sure I'm coming at this from the wrong angle, so I'd love any direction.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jusbla ,

It is documented that auto-provisioned licensed servers cannot be moved, however you can certainly submit a support ticket for an enhancement.  At this point  I think destroying/recreating is the only available option.

The referenced documentation is for FlexNet Embedded (FNE) License servers, both Local and Cloud versions.   

Thanks,

Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(5) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jusbla ,

I think we'll need more details on your issue.  Once you merge entitlements from Account B to Account A using Entitlements/Merge, both servers should then belong to Account A.  Each server should continue to have the original entitlements mapped.  

Thx,

Jim

0 Kudos

Thanks! I think I've accidentally buried the lead here, let's see if I can make myself clearer.

So I'm seeing the Account A and Account B's servers, and each has their original entitlements. In this case those entitlements are for minutes of licensing.

The issue is that the customer only sees 18,000 minutes of licensing in their "View Usage" page. But the entitlements from account A and account B should total 21,000 minutes. If I sum up the entitlements from the two servers all 21,000 are present.

My thought was that the account A server was working, so if we could merge the entitlements from account B then all 21,000 minutes will be available to use.

Let me know if you've got any other questions, I'd love to get this figured out! 🙂

-Justin

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Thanks @jusbla ,

I think what is happening is that both servers are still functional after the merge and can serve their entitled minutes per their respective entitlements, however the "View Usage" page is only showing the entitled amount for Server A  associated with the original Account A.  I do not believe we are handling this situation correctly with usage-based entitlements following a merge.  It would be helpful if you could submit a support ticket, thank you.

** Updated Response **

Per the documentation it is stated that Auto-provisioned license servers that have entitlements mapped for metered features cannot be moved to another account.  

servermove.jpg

- Jim

0 Kudos

Right, I'll make a support ticket for the inaccurate usage reporting.

Are the FNE servers different than the license servers in that docs page you're quoting? As I can see both on the account now, and the old account doesn't have any servers.

I realized why the customer isn't able to access the entitlements from the second server though. We're hitting the license server by it's URL, so the entitlements on the second server tied to the account just aren't there to be used. Other than destroying and re-creating the entitlement is there a way to move them? Just because it keeps the account side of things simpler. 🙂

Thanks for your help so far!

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jusbla ,

It is documented that auto-provisioned licensed servers cannot be moved, however you can certainly submit a support ticket for an enhancement.  At this point  I think destroying/recreating is the only available option.

The referenced documentation is for FlexNet Embedded (FNE) License servers, both Local and Cloud versions.   

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos