Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krubin
Level 7

Level of privileges required

Jump to solution

Hi,

What level of privileges is required for a user to create an entitlement  to updates? Do they need an admin account?

Thank you,

Ken

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi Ken,

I just ran some tests and was able to recreate what you are seeing.  I believe what is happening is that a user logged into the Producer Portal with the "Entitler" Role is attempting to create a Customer User with a role that contains more/different permissions than the Entitler role, which is not allowed.

** Updated response ** 

To fix this, in addition to the Entitler Role also add the Roles for Portal User and Portal Admin User to the  Producer User.   Once you add these roles the User will then be able to upload the transaction spreadsheet to create the Customer User.     

Thx,

Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(6) Replies
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @krubin 

I don't think we need an admin account to create or update an Entitlement, for that we can create a new role with all views and Manage permissions like 

View Users, View Accounts, View and Manage Email Templates, View Features, View Feature Bundles, View Products, Suites and Maintenance, View License Models, View Licenses and most important is Operations Entitlements - Producer Portal like below.  

Operations Entitlements - Producer Portal
   View Entitlements
   Change Entitlement State
   Update Entitlements
   Delete Entitlements
   Create Entitlements

with all the above permission, we can create a Publisher role and assign to the user and test it. Let me know if you need any more help?. 

Best Regards,

Mani. 

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a user linked to an account with a particular role named Entitler.

The error I am getting is shown below:

<failedRowProcessing>Transaction Row Number: 2 Error: Some of the role(s) from the given roles [Portal Admin User Role] is higher, so cannot be set for User</failedRowProcessing>

I get this on processing a user submitted from a spreadsheet. The account submitted before does process successfully.

Please see the two attachments for what permissions are part of the Entitler role. Below the second attachment nothing was checked.

Please assist.

Thank you,

Ken

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @krubin 

Thanks for the test, the role Entitler created as a "portal role", with that you can not create any higher role user which is why it is giving the error when you import the create user wsckrA777Users.txt. Can you change to publisher role and check the some?. Entitler.JPG

Best Regards,

Mani. 

0 Kudos

Hi,

It still does not work for the same reason:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<failedRowProcessing>Transaction Row Number: 2 Error: Some of the role(s) from the given roles [Portal Admin User Role] is higher, so cannot be set for User</failedRowProcessing>

The Entitler role is set per the following attachments, per your instructions. Any permissions below the second pic are not set.

Please advise!

Thank you,

Ken

0 Kudos

A response this evening would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi Ken,

I just ran some tests and was able to recreate what you are seeing.  I believe what is happening is that a user logged into the Producer Portal with the "Entitler" Role is attempting to create a Customer User with a role that contains more/different permissions than the Entitler role, which is not allowed.

** Updated response ** 

To fix this, in addition to the Entitler Role also add the Roles for Portal User and Portal Admin User to the  Producer User.   Once you add these roles the User will then be able to upload the transaction spreadsheet to create the Customer User.     

Thx,

Jim

0 Kudos