cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eriklane_ciena
Level 3

Increase FNO Webservice Timeout

Hello- I'm creating simple entitlements that have over 500 line items and the FNO web service times out at 1 min. 45 secs.  Looking in FNO, the entitlement and line items are still getting created but is taking about 3 mins. for the operation to complete.  The timeout on my connection to FNO is 15 mins. but how do I increase the execution timeout on the FNO server?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
(5) Replies
ejohnson1
Flexera Alumni

Hi @eriklane_ciena ,

Could I request opening a support case in the same community platform and update with case number in a reply?

Some notes for the case if you could add are the tenantId and whether PROD  or UAT. Also, if you have a turnkey request example that will expedite if it requires further triage.

Regards,

Eric

0 Kudos

Hello @ejohnson1,

I've opened Case Number: 01947612.  We are on-prem w/ 2018 R1.

Thank you.

Thank you @eriklane_ciena . 

Have 500 line item entitlements been created in the past? If so, is it an often occurrence?

0 Kudos

It is repeatable for sure.  I'm not sure of what the limit is but when FNO takes longer than 1 min. 45 secs. it returns a timeout. 

0 Kudos

Hi @eriklane_ciena ,

Performance improvements are a work in progress and will be available beginning next year, 2020.  500 is a lot of line items.

Short term, we'd like to suggest "chunking" up the creation. createEntitlement for the first 250 and updateEntitlement for the other 250 and/or fine tune to what your OP hardware (mainly processor) and software (memory) and network (ideally 1/GB) can handle.

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos