cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmoleary
Level 6

How does the Version of a product affect its licensing?

Jump to solution

Obviously the version given to each feature affects whether or not you can check that feature out.   If my feature is version 3.0 and I try to check out with version 3.1, it won't work.

But how does the version given to a product affect things?  I am required to give each product a version string when I create it.  And it is separate from the product title so I assume it must have some separate relevance.

Specifically

1. Does the version string have any effect on how entitlements or checkouts are processed?
2. Is it valid to give a product a version like say, "3.x" instead of "3.0"

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jmoleary 

1. Does the version string have any effect on how entitlements or checkouts are processed?.

Product Name / Version does not come into play with license requests. 

Yes, you can use it. Version is a string that can contain any characters up to a maximum of 64, for example, 1.2.3 or SP1. No special chat is allowed in the version. 

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1) Reply
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jmoleary 

1. Does the version string have any effect on how entitlements or checkouts are processed?.

Product Name / Version does not come into play with license requests. 

Yes, you can use it. Version is a string that can contain any characters up to a maximum of 64, for example, 1.2.3 or SP1. No special chat is allowed in the version. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos