cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmoleary
Level 6

How do I set the timeout period for offline activation request responses?

Jump to solution

Some of our customers must use offline activation.  Sometimes there is a delay beforey they can take the response file we sent to them and actually ingest it to activate the license.  Today a customer was unable to process the response and the error message from FlexNet Embedded (which we use to process the response) was something to the effect of  "The time has expired to process the file"

(Sorry I do not have the exact text).

Is there a way I can generate activation responses that a customer can process weeks later?  Is there some FNO server setting or some option I can add when creating the activation request?  I've looked through all the FNO configuration as well as the FNE API and I cannot find anything

-Joe

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jmoleary ,

Yes, this can be configured in the Producer Portal under System / Configure / Embedded Devices / Capability Request Handling.  The first parameter listed is Default Response Lifetime  which specifies the lifetime of capability responses generated by FNO.  The default value is 86400 seconds or 1 day.

ResponseLifetime.png

Best regards,

Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(2) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jmoleary ,

Yes, this can be configured in the Producer Portal under System / Configure / Embedded Devices / Capability Request Handling.  The first parameter listed is Default Response Lifetime  which specifies the lifetime of capability responses generated by FNO.  The default value is 86400 seconds or 1 day.

ResponseLifetime.png

Best regards,

Jim

0 Kudos

Excellent thank you!

0 Kudos