cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmoleary
Level 6

How do I have One activation ID for two products with different license models?

Jump to solution

We're selling a product with 2 levels.  "Base", and "Pro". 

"Base" is the basic application functionality and always comes with a permanent license.   "Pro" is meant to be a superset of Base with additional features.

The complication is that we want the additional features of "Pro" to be on a subscription model.  

Clients are using FlexNet Embedded.

If a customer buys the full  package, we'd like to give them just one activation code but I cannot figure out how to set this up in FNO.   It seems that the only way I can one activation code is to have just one product line-item in the order.  But I cannot see a way to make a single product use a permanent license model for some of a product's features and subscription model for another set

Is there a way to do this that I'm missing?  

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jmoleary ,

It is possible combine multiple products on a single entitlement line (resulting in a single activation ID) however all products on the entitlement line must use the same license model.  If you have products with both permanent and subscription models then they will need to be on separate entitlement line items.  Note that multiple activation IDs can be sent from the client during activation.

2021-03-01_7-48-42.png

Thanks,

Jim

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jmoleary ,

It is possible combine multiple products on a single entitlement line (resulting in a single activation ID) however all products on the entitlement line must use the same license model.  If you have products with both permanent and subscription models then they will need to be on separate entitlement line items.  Note that multiple activation IDs can be sent from the client during activation.

2021-03-01_7-48-42.png

Thanks,

Jim

Great thanks!
0 Kudos