cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ningchen
Level 4

FLEXid_Dongle_Driver_Installer silent installation

I'm using FLEXid_Dongle_Driver_Installer.exe in FLEXnet 11.4.1 as the USB dongle driver, and I'd like to invoke its installation with my own installer, thus I used the command line installation. I can use switch "/silent" to install it silently, but three versions 7, 8, 9 are all installed as default and there's an error saying that "another install process is running" during installing verison 7 which means the installer of my product is running.

How to install only version 9 silently with command line? If I can achieve this, the error will be gone. And after installing the dongle driver, it requires restarting the system, but my installer has some other stuff to install. Is it possible that I can skip the Dialog prompting for restart?
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

One possibility might be to generate a response file for a pass that installs only the driver you want, by running this on a clean test system:

FLEXid_Dongle_Driver_Installer.exe /r /f1"C:\recording.iss"

and selecting only the version 9 driver; on other systems, you deploy the silent installation using this file with a command such as:

FLEXid_Dongle_Driver_Installer.exe /s /f1"path\to\recording.iss"
0 Kudos