cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andybevan
Level 6

Download Package Access restriction

Jump to solution

When an Entitlement is created for a user of an Organization (FNO v2016 R1), all other members of that Oganization have access to the associated Download Package.

Is there any way to limit the access to the Download Package to only the user that has the Entitlement assigned to them?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @andybevan,

Entitlements are created at the account level as opposed to user-level.  By definition all users on a given account will have access to the same entitlements.  Users on an account can be assigned different roles restricting their ability to view/download in the customer portal however this will apply across all entitled products.

One possible solution is available with the Advanced Organization module.   With Advanced Org the option exists for either you or the end customer to create sub-accounts.  Entitlements from the parent account can be transferred to these sub-accounts.  Users can be added to the sub-accounts and these users will only have access to the entitlements that have been transferred.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

(7) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @andybevan,

Entitlements are created at the account level as opposed to user-level.  By definition all users on a given account will have access to the same entitlements.  Users on an account can be assigned different roles restricting their ability to view/download in the customer portal however this will apply across all entitled products.

One possible solution is available with the Advanced Organization module.   With Advanced Org the option exists for either you or the end customer to create sub-accounts.  Entitlements from the parent account can be transferred to these sub-accounts.  Users can be added to the sub-accounts and these users will only have access to the entitlements that have been transferred.

Best regards,

Hi @jberthold 

Thanks for the info, so if I understand correctly, the way we could work this to give us the answer we want is:

1. Set up an Account with 2 sub accounts, one for downloaders and one for general users.
2. Add customers to the general users sub Account by default.
3. Add customer to whom we want to give access to the download to the downloaders sub Account.
4. Provide an Entitlement to the Account.
5. Transfer the Entitlements to the downloaders sub Account.

This would allow us to group people by the Account but also limit download access to particular customers?

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @andybevan ,

Correct.  Just to be clear I would replace the word customer with customer users. 

I'm not sure of the purpose of the general users sub account.  If that account has no entitlements transferred to it from the parent account then the users on that account will not see anything in the customer portal.

Best regards,

0 Kudos

That's good, I'll posit that as a potential solution.

The general users sub account is to create the exact scenario you described.  We have a product team that wants to limit download access to selected customer users but still have other customer users in the Account. 

0 Kudos

Hi @jberthold 
On reflection, I think that your suggestion of utilising roles is probably better suited as a solution.
I have one question, if that is ok. Will I need to create a role for downloaders and another role for non-downloaders that mimics the standard "Portal User Role" but removes the ability to "Get Downloads"?

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

HI @andybevan ,

Yes, then users with the modified role will not have access to the downloads.

Thx,

That's great, thank you.
0 Kudos