cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
banant
Level 2

Customers using FNO on 64-bit OSes and on vmware

1) Has anyone tried deploying FlexNet Operations on a 64-bit OS? Can you provide more details such as FNO version, which OS you tried on etc? (Note: This is not currently supported by FNO. The purpose of this question is understand if anyone has tried it, and if they could share their experiences.)

2) Has anyone tried deploying FlexNet Operations on vmware ESX Server?

3) Are using FNO in a clustered enviroment?
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
xprt4y
Level 4

Sorry I was late to the party...

banant wrote:

1) Has anyone tried deploying FlexNet Operations on a 64-bit OS?

Yes.

banant wrote:

Can you provide more details such as FNO version, which OS you tried on etc?

Using:
[code]
[SIZE="5"]
[FONT="Fixedsys"]

Windows Server 2008 x64
.NET 3.5 SP1
MS SQL Standard 2008 x64
FNO 12.5.0.0
Cognos 8

[/FONT]
[/SIZE]
[/code]

banant wrote:

(Note: This is not currently supported by FNO. The purpose of this question is understand if anyone has tried it, and if they could share their experiences.)

No problems so far.

banant wrote:

2) Has anyone tried deploying FlexNet Operations on vmware ESX Server?

Should be similar to VMWare Workstation install that I have up running right now for testing purposes and the cloud instance I have up and running for future production work.

banant wrote:

3) Are using FNO in a clustered enviroment?

Nope.
0 Kudos
rlambert
Level 2

Hello
We tried to deploy FNO 12.5.0.2 on 64 bit OS at CA. FNO was clustered and it did not function. I think the issue was that even though we got the 64 bit OS and 64 bit JRE and were able to allocate more memory to the JVM, there were memory leaks or issues with memory that lead to catastrophic failures rendering FNO completely unresponsive and required a complete restart of FNO.

One suspect in all this was the JDBC driver - which we did not replace and we had continued to use the out the box solution. Resources on the project suspect that the driver would also need to be 64 bit capable.

Keep in mind that we were performing large data loads into FNO using the Web Service API.
0 Kudos