Did you mean: 
Highlighted
andybevan
Active participant

Cloud licensing

Jump to solution

Hi

Is there a solution that will help us meet a customer's requirements:

They are a 3rd party reseller who wish to integrate our licensed product into their own cloud based product.  We require the end user to obtain a licence for our product.

Is there an approach recommend by Flexera for confirming this licence exists?

Cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator wmarek1 Moderator

Re: Cloud licensing

Jump to solution

Hi Andy,

I'm not sure that this community forum is really able to support designing a solution from scratch.

I think you would be better off engaging with Flexera Consulting Services to review your objectives and requirements in more detail so that they can help you design a solution based on their experience helping other software producers. There is not a single best approach.

I don't recall if you are FNP or FNE and you didn't specify.

If you have access to FNO documentation, I suggest you look into Cloud Licensing Service (CLS) and the Cloud Monetization API (CMAPI). These are the primary technologies Flexera offers for SaaS/Cloud based licensing.

Walt

FlexNet Operations, FlexNet Embedded, FlexNet Publisher, FlexNet Connect, FlexLM

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Moderator wmarek1 Moderator

Re: Cloud licensing

Jump to solution

Hi Andy,

I'm not sure that this community forum is really able to support designing a solution from scratch.

I think you would be better off engaging with Flexera Consulting Services to review your objectives and requirements in more detail so that they can help you design a solution based on their experience helping other software producers. There is not a single best approach.

I don't recall if you are FNP or FNE and you didn't specify.

If you have access to FNO documentation, I suggest you look into Cloud Licensing Service (CLS) and the Cloud Monetization API (CMAPI). These are the primary technologies Flexera offers for SaaS/Cloud based licensing.

Walt

FlexNet Operations, FlexNet Embedded, FlexNet Publisher, FlexNet Connect, FlexLM

View solution in original post