cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andybevan
Level 6

Change "From" and "Reply To" on automated emails

Jump to solution
Is it possible to change the sender's email on automated emails? The current solution recommended to us involves creating a new License Technology, but this method also requires new License Generators and new Custom Attributes etc. It seems like a lot of intricate duplication just be able to set the "From" and "Reply To" fields.
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

For the Product Upgrade, the template should be configurable when creating/editing a Product under the "Email template to use for product upgrade" menu option.

With respect to the Entitlement email, here is the cut and paste of the full statement:

"If multiple active variations of this template exist, producers can choose which email template variation to use for each license technology or entitlement."

You can specify the desired entitlement variation to use via the "Email Template variation" pull-down menu in the Entitlement UI (upper right section below "Ship-to mail") or programmatically via web services.

View solution in original post

(12) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

By automated emails are you referring to emails sent to the Producer by activating jobs or are you referring to end customer email notifications?  Customer facing emails have configurable email templates where the From/Reply-To email addresses can be edited.

0 Kudos

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

The emails that I'm referring to are the "Entitlement", "License" and "Product Upgrade Job Email".  The ones that get sent out as part of the new order and upgrade processes.

I'm aware of the ability to change the addresses in the template, but what we need is the ability to change the address for each of our internal customers.  So each division can send Entitlement emails from their own product mailboxes.

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

You can create different email template variations for the email templates via Administer / Create Template with each variation having it's own From and Reply-To  addresses.

The ability to specify the variation that is used depends on the function.  Search for "About Email Templates" in the online help for detailed descriptions. 

For example:

1) The desired entitlement email variation can be specified when creating an entitlement.

2) The desired product upgrade email variation can be specified when creating a product.

The license email variation is not as flexible.   If multiple active variations exist you can only specify one per license technology.

0 Kudos

Thanks for pointing me towards the help page for email templates. 

The product upgrade email variation can indeed be set upon each notification (although this is not working in out installation), so that is fine.

Unfortunately the page also contradicts what you've said regarding the Entitlement email. 

The entry for Entitlement email states that "If multiple active variations of this template exist, producers can choose which email template variation to use for each license technology."

So it seems that our only option for custom "reply to" addresses for Entitlement emails is to create a new License Technology and duplicate the accompanying objects?

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

For the Product Upgrade, the template should be configurable when creating/editing a Product under the "Email template to use for product upgrade" menu option.

With respect to the Entitlement email, here is the cut and paste of the full statement:

"If multiple active variations of this template exist, producers can choose which email template variation to use for each license technology or entitlement."

You can specify the desired entitlement variation to use via the "Email Template variation" pull-down menu in the Entitlement UI (upper right section below "Ship-to mail") or programmatically via web services.

That is strange, the help document I have says something different (HelpDocument.png), and also there is no option for "Email Template variation" in the Entitlement screen (emailTemplateVariation.png). We have 2018 R1 running on our test server. Is there perhaps an issue with our on premise installation?
0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

That would explain the discrepancy, the ability to specify the entitlement email variation was added in 2018 R2.

0 Kudos

That sounds like the answer!  I was under the impression that we were entitled to the latest release of FNO, but it is not available for us in the download centre.

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Currently 2018R1 SP1 is the latest FNO On-Premise release.   I believe the roadmap has the next On-Premise release slated for 2019 R3.   

0 Kudos

That's a shame.  Will this functionality be in the on-premise 2019 R3?  I assume the on-premise releases are just a limited version of the cloud releases.

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator
Yes it should.
0 Kudos

That's good news.  Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos