cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
testingflexera1
Level 4

Can't map part number to license model

Jump to solution

How can I map a part number to a license model? I can map it to a product, but there's no dropdown or button for license model. How do i do this?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @testingflexera1 ,

When creating a Part Number you should see a pull down containing the license models that have been linked with target Product as shown in the screenshot below:

fno_part_number.png

Thanks,

Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @testingflexera1 ,

When creating a Part Number you should see a pull down containing the license models that have been linked with target Product as shown in the screenshot below:

fno_part_number.png

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos

What happens if you don't identify a license model? Because apparently that's possible. What license model will be chosen for the entitlement if the partnumber is used?

0 Kudos

Hi @testingflexera1 ,

A Product must have at least one license model linked to it in order for it to be deployed and used in Entitlements.  If you create a Part Number for a Product without specifying a license model, I believe it will use the first linked license model in alphabetical order based on a quick test.  The intent of the Part Number is to link a Product with a License Model so it is always recommended to specify the License Model when creating the Part Number.

Thx,

Jim