cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andybevan
Level 6

Bulk Entitlement update

Jump to solution

There are roughly 100 Entitlements for a beta version of a Product that we want to make unusable.   

Is there a way to do this via one bulk operation?  Or perhaps by updating the Beta Product?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
ejohnson1
Flexera Alumni

Hi @andybevan ,

My thought would be to remove all features and/or feature bundles from the product, so if activated, nothing is activated. There is a FNO property setting to edit deployed entities that needs enabled.

Then also, changing the state of the Product to 'Inactive'.

Best Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(6) Replies
ejohnson1
Flexera Alumni

Hi @andybevan ,

My thought would be to remove all features and/or feature bundles from the product, so if activated, nothing is activated. There is a FNO property setting to edit deployed entities that needs enabled.

Then also, changing the state of the Product to 'Inactive'.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos

Thanks @ejohnson1 , I have made the Product Inactive which is preventing new licences from being created.

I was unable to remove all Features, as there must always be one present in a Product, so I created a dummy Feature and used that as the Product's sole Feature.

0 Kudos

Yes, thank you Andy, good step.

But, also, and not knowing the entire scenario, could you please check valid entitlements behave as intended? Or that features still activate for non-beta entitlements.

0 Kudos

It seems that licences can't be activated for new installations, but ones that have been activated previously are still valid.

0 Kudos

Thanks Andy.

Yes, previous activations are unaffected.

My fear was if the endpoints call back again with frequency more than once and done. At that point, they will become unfeatured (if that's a word 🙂

0 Kudos

Funnily enough, I would prefer it if they did become "unfeatured" as that would essentially make the beta software unusable.

We only connect once for activation though, so there is no way to force the licences to become invalid.

0 Kudos