cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andybevan
Level 6

Automate email for new Download Package

How do we generate an automatic email to notify valid licence holders that a new Download Package has been added to a Product? Some bug fixes and updates are delivered via this method and currently we have to manually send the email.

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi Andy, In the Producer Portal you can trigger an email notification for new Download Packages to entitled Customers via Administer / Send Download Package Notification. It will start a wizard which guides you through the process. There is an Update Notification Email template under Administer / Templates that can be customized for the new release. For further details, please search for "Update Notification" in the online help in the Producer Portal or the FlexNet Operations Administration Guide.
0 Kudos

That's great, thanks. That is exactly what I'm looking for! I've come across an issue though, when I've selected the Download Package I get the error "Email can not be sent, there is no EmailTemplate.". This is despite the "Update Notification Email" template being present, Active and filled with content.
0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

If the  default Update Notification Email template Status is Active with the Send Indicator set to true then you should be good to go.  If this is not the case I'd recommend creating a support ticket.  

0 Kudos