cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
testingflexera1
Level 4

Are license models an attribute of product?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I know license models can be linked to products. However if you look at the attributes of product there's no attribute license models. You link them after the creation of the product. Can license models then be considered an attribute of product? Or is there some sort of junction object under the hood that links the two?

Thanks

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @testingflexera1 LM and Product are two separate entitles however at least one license model should be liked to deploy a product or otherwise you will get an error

Create Prodcut need at least one LM.JPG

So while you create product in the second page you can link the license model as well 

Link LM.JPG

and then you can deploy the product. 

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @testingflexera1 LM and Product are two separate entitles however at least one license model should be liked to deploy a product or otherwise you will get an error

Create Prodcut need at least one LM.JPG

So while you create product in the second page you can link the license model as well 

Link LM.JPG

and then you can deploy the product. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the reply. I understand that they have to be linked. But I'm trying to understand the data model (in object oriented terminology):

Is LM an attribute of product?

Or is there a junction object LM_Product that contains references to the LM and the product that is then on itself an attribute of product?

I guess it all boils down to: "where is the information of this linking stored"

0 Kudos

Hi @testingflexera1 I feel like this is going more technically so it would be good to raise a support case so that I can help you with more details. 

Best Regards, 

0 Kudos