Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
testingflexera1
Level 4

Add new product version without creating product all over again

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is there an easy way to add a new version to a product? Imagine I have a product with version 10. I now want to add the same product with version 11. Should I add a new product and re-select all the features etc? Or is there an easier way to do this?

Follow up question: does flexnet operation see different versions of a product as different products or does flexnet operations somehow know that this is the same product with a different version number?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi, @testingflexera1 We have an option to copy the product and give the name and version, all other details will be the same unless you want to change any. Hope this helps.

Answer for your follow-up query: Yes, it's a different product however if you want to create a relationship between versions of the same product then that is also possible. 

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi, @testingflexera1 We have an option to copy the product and give the name and version, all other details will be the same unless you want to change any. Hope this helps.

Answer for your follow-up query: Yes, it's a different product however if you want to create a relationship between versions of the same product then that is also possible. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

What is the purpose of creating a relationship?

0 Kudos

Hi @testingflexera1 It will use for product upgrades from one version to another version also please go through the FNO documents https://docs.revenera.com/?product=FlexNet%20Operations%20On%20Premises which will help to answer all your queries. If this did not help then always welcome to raise your query to support. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos