cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
adam_cutler
Occasional contributor

Upgrading the Flexnet Inventory Agent Third Party

When upgrading the FlexNet Inventory Agent to the newest version for an on-premise customer and not using the automatic upgrade option, but using SCCM instead - is the process the same as the original deployment of the agent for Windows and *nix machines, just with newer installation files? Or is there a separate upgrade process?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Moderator nsimon1 Moderator

Re: Upgrading the Flexnet Inventory Agent Third Party

HI @adam_cutler, Is your question specific to our asset management solution? I want to make sure I get you in touch with the right resource

Nick

0 Kudos
adam_cutler
Occasional contributor

Yes, this is in relation to FNMS 2018 R1, on prem.

Moderator tbesse Moderator

Hi Adam,

Just FYI, I moved this post from the Publisher side to this forum as it is a FlexNet Manager related question.

For third-party deployments you basically treat the agent package the same as any other deployment package. Using a third party tool like SCCM to deploy the agent may offer additional packaging & deployment options.

Agent updates a usually deployed as update packages that remove the former version and install the new one.

I hope this helps,

Thorsten

Principal Solution Engineer
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
Flexera BradAkers
Flexera

If you choose to use a third party tool the uninstall will say a reboot is needed. This is not needed for the auto-upgrade process.