cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gathering Data from PVS Citrix Environment

A customer of mine is concerned with how the FlexNet Agent would or does work for Citrix PVS environments. The customer's question is pasted below. If someone has any experience with this scenario please let me know!

“We need to understand how or if it’s supported in  PVS imaging world and how it pulls data.  IE.. Provisioned images today, all workloads are running in RAM because there is no need to fully load OS.  Only loads what is called the first time.  If this agent scans enter OS, then OS will overflow our RAM and dump to disk thus performance lowers. If one server boots from PVS image or 20000, the image is the same an no need to try and find unique apps because all the same (same image)  I need to really understand the application and what you are really trying to look for.”

(3) Replies

HI @a_cutler2 , is this question around our asset management solution?

Nick

Yes, this is in relation to FNMS 2019 R1 in the cloud.

Hi Adam,

If we are talking about a scenario with non-persistent VDI, you would scan the master image only, that would be enough for FlexNet Manager to catch all installations.

I hope this makes sense, 

Thorsten

Senior Solution Architect in the SE team
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)