cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Status greyed out

Hello everyone,

We ran a custom Business Adapter, that changed Statuses of devices. Now for some of those devices, we can no longer change the status manually.

On opened record Status field is non modifiable. It's plain text, as if I don't have access to change it.

On all inventory view, Ignore and Activate buttons are greyed out.

Does anyone have any idea what might've happened? We used to do something similar in past, but it didn't cause issues then.

Kind regards,

Jan

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Are these inventory devices associated with asset records?

If an inventory device record is associated with an asset record, the status of the inventory device record is derived from the status of the asset record. You cannot set the inventory device status in the UI, and you should avoid setting the status on such a record using a business adapter too (I'm not sure what the effect of doing that would be).

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(8) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Jan,

Could you please give some additional context? Did the import (by accident) add a new status? It sounds like it still works for some devices. Are the ones not working the devices recently changed by the import?

Best regards,

Markward

Hi Markward,

It doesn't look like it. When running Select * from ComplinaceComputerStatus I get 4 default values:[Active], [Ignored], [Awaiting Inventory] and [Archived].

Yes, those that I cannot change were affected by the import recently and nothing else.

EDIT: I just noticed, that this import actually forced the number of active devices above the license limits. This was all done in QA, so it still hold the old license. Perhaps it's related?

Kind regards,

Jan

So the import not only changed the status of existing devices, but also created new ones? Could be related to the license limit. Can you, for testing, remove devices?

It actually re-activated some of the previously ignored devices.

Can you do a test, deactivating enough device until you are within license limits again?

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Are these inventory devices associated with asset records?

If an inventory device record is associated with an asset record, the status of the inventory device record is derived from the status of the asset record. You cannot set the inventory device status in the UI, and you should avoid setting the status on such a record using a business adapter too (I'm not sure what the effect of doing that would be).

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

I can confirm this behaviour when assets are involved. I knew that the inventory status would be updated if an asset was retired. But I wasn't aware that they status field would be greyed out automatically.

Hi @ChrisG ,
I think you are right. It looks like many of those devices are related to assets with a different status. We will reverse the changes and review the our process. Thank you for looking into this.
@mfranz  Thank you as well for you input!