cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AirWatch support

Ronny_OO7
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

Hello, According to Flexera  AirWatch is supported in FNMS.

Where do I find the connector?

What does it exactly do and what are the limitations?

How do I install it and where can I find documentation?

Thanks and Regards

Ronald

(1) Solution
Good morning! FlexNet Manager does not have a productised integration with AirWatch today (but you can still use a custom adapter). For App Broker (App Portal), there is an adapter available. It can publish apps and request uninstallations. For documentation, check out the product documentation link in the App Portal forum or browse Flexera Helpnet for the right information. Best regards Thorsten
Senior Solution Architect in the SE team
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)

View solution in original post

(10) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Ronald,

I only can find AirWatch integration for AppPortal.

Hi Markward,

This is exactly what I also found:-) Thats why I asked

Regards

Ronald

Good morning! FlexNet Manager does not have a productised integration with AirWatch today (but you can still use a custom adapter). For App Broker (App Portal), there is an adapter available. It can publish apps and request uninstallations. For documentation, check out the product documentation link in the App Portal forum or browse Flexera Helpnet for the right information. Best regards Thorsten
Senior Solution Architect in the SE team
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
Good morning! Thanks for your reply, ill forward this information so that Flexera Sales is also aware of this and we are all up to date. Best Regards Ronald
Hi Ronald,
The FlexNet Manager System Requirements document lists all supported 3rd party products. https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/fnms2019r1/onpremises/FlexNet%20Manager%20Suite%20System%20Requirements%202019%20R1.pdf
Airwatch is only currently supported by AppPortal. Perhaps the data could be exported to Excel or CSV and imported using the flat file import function. Details of this process can be found in the System Reference Guide (page 86). https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/fnms2019r1/EN/WebHelp/PDF%20Documents/On-Prem/FNMSSystemReference.pdf
Hi, Thanks for your clarification. Best Regards Ronald

Hi Ronald,

The Flexera Services Team has developed this Adapter for FNMS using the Inventory Adapter Studio tool (included in FNMS) in the context of a customer project. Then you can request this adapter through a Flexera Services mission.

Good morning, Thanks, this means a paid service and only build for a certain version etc with no official support. Regards Ronald
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
I'm not sure what information you have seen from Flexera that suggests AirWatch is supported out-of-the-box by FlexNet, but as discussed by others in this thread I don't know of any such support.

While AirWatch is a useful tool for device management, from my experience with it I can say that it is not a great source of inventory for FlexNet. There are a range of data elements that are typically important or at least helpful to have access to in order to support license management that AirWatch does not gather (at least, without custom configuration). These include:

* Various hardware/computer properties including processor count, processor type, processor speed, core count, operating system, chassis type, hardware manufacturer, memory, hard drive count, disk space, display adapter count, network card count, IP addresses, and domain name
* Data that FlexNet can treat as installer evidence for all software installed on the device
* File evidence
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Thanks, Chris. This is also the impression I got. Regarding the support for it: Someone from Sales mentioned it to our Sales team, but since I doubted it I wanted to be sure. Best Regards Ronald