cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dswann
By
Flexera Alumni

The next release of FlexNet Manager Suite for cloud customers has arrived. The 2019 R1.2 release is already available in our User Acceptance Test (UAT) environment and is rolling into production now.

This release includes the following features:

Java inventory also on UNIX-like platforms

On all supported UNIX-like platforms, the updated FlexNet inventory agent from version 2019 R1.2 (13.4.0) will collect additional inventory evidence for Java recognition. This is already supported on Microsoft Windows. Evidence is collected no matter if the installation used a platform-native installer package, such as RPM for Linux, or has simply been copied and archive into place on the device.

PVU peaks switch to end date

When FlexNet Manager Suite is in 'high-frequency' or 'PVU' mode, it is responsible for gathering inventory and calculating sub-capacity peak consumption values for the three mandatory IBM regions that may consume from an IBM PVU license. In this mode, if the peak consumption value for a region is sustained for more than a day, the peak date visible in management views and reports is now the end date of the peak – that is, the day of the last license consumption calculation that gave this value after which the regional consumption dropped.

FlexNet inventory agent unique identifier

To ensure that multiple devices with same domain name and computer name can now be distinguished from one another, the FlexNet inventory agent now creates a unique identifier on a device when it executes for the first time. This unique identifier, called the AgentID, is used when resolving the inventory data from a device to determine which computer record matches the inventory, rather than relying on the domain name and computer name.

For further information about these changes and to find a history of updates to FlexNet Manager Suite cloud edition, please refer to the Features by Release document in Flexera HelpNet.

If you are using the on-premise edition of FlexNet Manager Suite, these updates are under consideration for inclusion in the next release.

If you want to be notified of these kind of product updates, please ensure that you have subscribed to the FlexNet Manager blog.

(12) Comments
Ronny_OO7
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

Hello David,

Can you please explain on what this new agent unique identifier called the AgentID is being based upon? What is happening under the hood? Where is it based on? I am wondering if this can help in Citrix environments especially the Linked Clone technology ? This technology allows to create a server image, and instantiate it differently each time it is rebooted (different IP, different MAC,...) 

Does FNMS support this with the new AgentID functionality? Or will we see machines occurring twice?

Regards

Ronald

dswann
By
Flexera Alumni

Hi,

While I am not sure of the exact calculation I understand that it uses all of the available MAC addresses, so if all of the MAC's change for a given computer then the AgentID will also change. The IP address is not taken into account when creating the AgentID.

Regards, Dave.

Ronny_OO7
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the clarification, this is very useful information.

Regards

Ronald

fguevarra
By
Level 2

Dave,

Would there be an AgentID column that can be added? This will help us troubleshoot duplicates in the Inventory table.

GregBirk
By Technical Writer
Technical Writer

We could display this data in the UI, however, it’s of dubious value as there shouldn’t be duplicate AgentIds (that is one of the fundamental purposes of the AgentId). If you are seeing duplicate inventory, there are likely other concerns that we should look into. If you have another use case beyond duplicate inventory, please provide us the relevant information and we can look into it.

sasikumar_r
By
Level 7

I have figured out Agent id on the Beacon(on registry) and the Agentid on the ndi files that collected for each Vcenter host(Vmware Inventory) are same.Because of the same agent id - Instead of updating the Vcenter host inventory, beacon server's inventory is getting Updated.

Ronny_OO7
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

Hello David,

I still would like to have some better understanding around the AgentID.

What is the original Idea behind this?

You mentioned that it is based on MAC address, but what if it is a virtual machine and a new image is deployed? I am searching for Citrix systems that are getting a new image every 2 weeks. Flexera is adding new systems to FNMS and I would like FNMS to automatically link old with new systems. (witouth having to work with lists of systems and an adapter)

Regards

Ronald

laurentclemot
By
Level 3

Hi Dave,  @dswann , can you confirm if the agent 2019 R1.2  is compatible with FNMS 2019 R1 (onprem)? I have a customer who wants to deploy the agent, without needing to upgrade, thanks! 

Laurent 

dswann
By
Flexera Alumni

Hi @laurentclemot ,

There should be no problems with your proposed combination. 🙂

Dave.

sissonr
By
Level 5

Is there any release date yet for 2020_R1 on-premise?

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@sissonr - the release date for FlexNet Manager Suite 2020 R1 On-premises is not fixed, but is likely to be some time in June.

Kevin_Hou
By
Flexera Alumni

Just for someone is still interested for FNMS 2020 R1 release note, Here is the link

https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2020R1/EN/features/index.html#FeatureList/2020R1/2020_r1.html

Cheers

Kev