What data does the FlexNet inventory agent gather as file and installer evidence?
The FlexNet inventory agent gathers inventory data from a range of sources on computers. This article details where data that that is subsequently imported and treated as file and installer evidence by FlexNet Manager Suite is sourced from.
The agent gathers installer evidence data from the following sources (depending on operating system):
- Add/Remove Programs: Information about installed applications stored in the registry on Windows facility computers
- Windows Installer (MSI) cache: Evidence left in the local Microsoft Installer configuration cache on Windows
- BEA: A custom installer developed by BEA Systems, acquired by Oracle in early 2008
- IA: InstallAnywhere, from Revenera
- IPS: An Oracle installation technology used on Solaris 11
- ISMP: InstallShield MultiPlatform, from Revenera
- LPP: The installation technology for licensed program products on AIX, from IBM
- Oracle Universal Installer (OUI): Oracle data used to identify Oracle Applications
- Oracle EBS Module: Oracle data used to identify Oracle Applications
- OS X App: An application bundle for OS X/Mac OS
- RPM: A widely-used installation technology available on many GNU/Linux distributions, AIX, and Novell Netware
- SDUX : The Software Distributor for HP-UX, from Hewlett-Packard
- Software ID tags: evidence gathered from software identification tag files following the ISO 19770-2 standard
- SUNPKG: An installer on Solaris for the SVR4 package format. (Legacy SVR4 packages installed by the Solaris 11 IPS tool will also be recognized and identified with this label)
On Windows, details of files with a ".exe" extension are gathered as file evidence.
On UNIX-like operating systems, details of files that are configured with "execute" permissions are gathered as file evidence.
When compliance import procedures are run with the "-nooptional" parameter to skip optional import steps, the process will only import details of files whose names end with any of the following strings: