How to inventory FlexNet Beacons
We might find that we want to inventory every machine in our working environment including the FlexNet Beacon server. Although, It is not advisable to install beacon and agent in one server, for they share some registry keys and system configurations which can drastically affect the functionality of the beacon and it'll take a lot of time just to figure out which is which, and leads to re-installing the beacon just to find that it stopped working for reals.
Good news! it is possible to gather inventory for the beacon server because installing the FlexNet Beacon comes along components of the FlexNet Inventory Agent.
Here's two ways in how to inventory a beacon:
- Create a scheduled task that will run the following executable; C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\Inventory Beacon\Tracker\ndtrack.exe -t Machine UploadLocation="<BeaconServerURL>/ManageSoftRL"
- Create a scheduled task that will run the following executable; C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\Inventory Beacon\Tracker\ndtrack.exe -t Machine
- Then, double check and re-configure registry keys:
- Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Tracker\CurrentVersion
- MachineInventoryDirectory = C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Incoming\Inventories
- UserInventoryDirectory = C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Incoming\Inventories
- InventorySettingsPath = C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon\InventorySettings
- WMIConfigFile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\Inventory Beacon\Tracker\wmitrack.ini