By default, the FlexNet Beacon creates a scheduled task named “Upload Flexera logs and inventories” that looks for files to upload by searching the contents of the Incoming folder (%ProgramData%\Flexera Software\Incoming). This task searches the full list of folders located in Incoming, in alphabetical order.
FlexNet beacon versions 18.1 (2022 R1.1) and later also configure a second scheduled task named “Upload Flexera inventories”. This task solely looks for inventory files so it can upload them quickly if there is a backlog of other files awaiting upload (for more details, see the Inventory Beacon Change Log).
To manually configure a scheduled task similar to "Upload Flexera inventories" on earlier beacon versions, follow the steps below.
1. Open the Task Scheduler.
2. Right-click on Upload FlexNet Beacon status and select Export.
3. Import the exported task.
4. Give the task a name. Upload FlexNet Inventory is the task name used in this example.
5. On the actions tab, select Edit.
6. In the Arguments section, change UploadRule=BeaconStatus to UploadRule=Inventory.
7. Save the task.
8. Manually start the task.