cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where do i find the vcpu value?

Hi all,
for a SLES license consumption we need to determine the vcpu for virtual machines. I am not sure which value i can use because there is no explicit vcpu value in the inventory informations - or i am just not seeing it 😉

...and yes the vCenters is connected.

(1) Solution

If you are looking for the number of virtual CPUs assigned to a virtual machine, you would find that in the Processors property on the inventory device record for the virtual machine:

image.png

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Daniel,

From FNMS perspective, VMs are "Compliance Computers" with some additional data. Therefore for every VM an entry exists in the "ComplianceComputer" table. All CPU details should be in there. Some of the additional data in "VirtualMachine" will be CPU-related, like CPU affinity and core affinity.

Are you missing CPU details from the FNMS WebUI?

Best regards,

Markward

If you are looking for the number of virtual CPUs assigned to a virtual machine, you would find that in the Processors property on the inventory device record for the virtual machine:

image.png

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hey,

thanks @ChrisG , that's the confirmation i was looking for 🙂

@mfranz i have all the informations in the Hardware tab, but yes, i am missing values at the VM properties tab like CPU affinity and Core affinity. Everything else looks good to me. Maybe'll open a new question for that.

Thanks to both you guys!