cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system task not alligned anymore after reinstallation of the server

Hi there, due to my own mistake i needed to remove the flexera software on the server and needed a reinstall of the flexnet manager suite. ive reconnected the database to the new install on the same server. But now the task scheduler tasks are not doing anything any more. From the systemtask dashboard the latest date is at the time of reinstall. The server website itself is running fine and the beacon is functioning.

is there a wat to recreate the default task scheduler tasks? or do i need to remove flexera suite and remove the database and start from scratch?

any help would be appreciated.

greets Vincent

(1) Solution

I would start by looking at your Batch Processor log files.  It sounds like scheduled tasks are being kicked off, but they are not successfully going into the FNMS Batch Process Queue.  You can check the Log File in the following folders:

C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\BatchProcessScheduler

C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\BatchProcessTask

Is the Microsoft Message Queue correctly enabled and configured on your Batch/App Server?

View solution in original post

(7) Replies

You can try to re-run the Windows Authentication PowerShell Script that is part of the installation media.  This should recreate your Scheduled Tasks.  Make sure you use the UpdateConfig option as follows:

.\Config.ps1 "Config\FNMS Windows Authentication Config.xml" updateconfig

should i remove the scheduled tasks from the server or does the ps1 script do that for me?

@vincentvanders  - In your original post you had asked if there was a way to "recreate" your scheduled tasks.  From that, I had assumed that they did not exist as part of your reinstall.  If they do in fact exist, you should be able to go into Windows Task Scheduler and see if they are running successfully or not.  You may also want to check to see if your Batch Processor services are running successfully or not.

the services are all running fine. The scheduled tasks are there, but when i start a scheduled task it doesnt reflect it into the flexera console. It also doesnt seem to work. like for instance the "recognition data import" task doesnt reflect into a updated or last runned purl update date. all dates in the console are from the date before i reinstalled the Flexera software on the server. 

Did you check BatchProcessor.log and BatchProcessScheduler.log for any errors or strange behaviour?
Default location: C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\BatchProcessScheduler

I would start by looking at your Batch Processor log files.  It sounds like scheduled tasks are being kicked off, but they are not successfully going into the FNMS Batch Process Queue.  You can check the Log File in the following folders:

C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\BatchProcessScheduler

C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\BatchProcessTask

Is the Microsoft Message Queue correctly enabled and configured on your Batch/App Server?

hi there,

ive looked at the logging and there was an error regarding the username did not have the right permissionsand that the hostname might be incorrect. apparently ive given the batch server a fqdn hostname alias instead of the netbios hostname. Ive reverted it back with the config sctipt and i can see succesfull tasks again in my console running again. 

thank you for the support and hope it connects and updates well.

greets Vincent