cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sku recoognition upon import

We import our purchases and the system they come from populates the SKU field.  When I go into unprocessed purchases and open the purchase FNMS recognizes the sku (previously processed is next to the sku and I can select the dropdown next to previously processed and see the sku information.  However the fields like publisher and purchase type are not set.  The only way I've found is to replace the sku with misc text then put the sku back and the fields populate.  Is there a way to get the system to populate the fields without doing this manually?  This example is a subscription type purchase so I need the purchase type to be set so the start/end dates can be entered.

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
I don't know of any way to have the system automatically populate fields like Publisher & Purchase Type based on looking up SKU library data when purchase records are imported from an external source using a business adapter sorry.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Can this be added as an enhancement request?  As it doesn't save us much time to import the adaptor if we still have to manually manipulate the purchase to get the fields to populate.