cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scheduling business importer processes on a folder

I'm looking for a way to schedule daily or weekly a process created in the business importer, to start and act on xlsx files in a particular folder.

Is there a way to do that?

Any alternative solution?

Thanks community!

(1) Solution
I found out a trick, it looks easier to create the process using Business Importer UI, and then copying the command it uses from its logs. In that way everything works 🙂

View solution in original post

(8) Replies

Hi,

for a daily import I'm using a business adapter on the "Business Importer" tab on a beacon.

The business adapter use always the same input file (e.g. update_status.csv) with a schedule entry. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but for me it was working e.g. to change the status of inventory devices.

I will try, but how do you choose the template for update_status.csv?
is the file consumed after the usage or everyday it uses the same file updated?

One approach to configure a process to import a set of files that are found in a directory would be to write a PowerShell script that invokes MGSBI.exe for each file that is found. Use your preferred task scheduler (such as Microsoft Task Scheduler) to automate execution of the script on an appropriate schedule.

I've attached an example of such a script. This script is not complete or usable as-is: it depends on a range of functions which are not defined in the script. So treat this as an example of a starting point for your own inspiration, not a complete working solution.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

I'm sorry for the confusion, I was meaning, I have a business adapter studio process ready to run, but I can run it only manually.
Can that process be automated? Thanks and sorry again. Maybe we could change thread title if it's leading to a misunderstanding

@marcog - The main Business Adapter Studio application can be launched with Command Line parameters, specifying the name of the XML file you have created.  You can then use Windows Task Scheduler to set up your business adapter to run on a scheduled basis.

Additional information can be found in the Flexera Business Adapter Guide and look in Chapter 2 for the command line interface:

https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2020R2/EN/WebHelp/PDF%20Documents/On-Prem/UsingFlexNetBusinessAdapters.pdf

do you have suggestions on how to catch exception, meaning that, what happens if the flexera command fails
The documentation is not driving me to any place.
It's too generic and there is no example where an adapter xml is used using an xslx as input. Is there any other documentation or example?
I found out a trick, it looks easier to create the process using Business Importer UI, and then copying the command it uses from its logs. In that way everything works 🙂