Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

maintenance gap error

ImIronMan
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi All

As per attached screenshot, there is no gap in maintenance dates or the quantities but we still  getting the maintenance gap alert on this parituclar license. Also for this license, the purchase qty for this license showing as 0 and maintenance qty as 752 in all licenses page.

How can we fix the current license entitlements qty which is shown as 0 ?

(1) Solution

Your maintenance purchases are irrelevant.  As per my prior explanation, this is a Flexera Content issue.  It thinks that your license SKU is a "subscription" license instead of a "Perpetual" license.  Since the Expiration Date of your purchase line is in the past, FlexNet says that this subscription is expired and is no longer an active entitlement.  Here is how to fix:

1) Open up the license purchase on PO Number 965715

2) Go to the License tab of this purchase

3) Select the license and remove it from the purchase.

4) Go to the General tab of your purchase.  Add an "X" to the end of your current SKU so that FlexNet does not recognized it.

5) Save your purchase

6) Go to the Unprocessed Purchases view and refresh your browser.

7) Find your Purchase line and manually link it to your License.

FlexNet Manager will now treat this purchase as a Perpetual License and once you link the Maintenance Renewal, your alert will go away.

In the interim, you should submit a Support Ticket indicating that the Flexera content library has incorrectly classified that Microsoft SKU as a subscription license, rather than a Perpetual license.

View solution in original post

(18) Replies

@ImIronMan - The issue that you have is that the Microsoft Part Number on the first line (9GA-00306) is Maintenance Only.  It is not a valid entitlement SKU.  Even though you have the Purchase Line configured with a purchase type of "Software", FlexNet Manager knows that this SKU is "SA Only", which is why your purchase count is calculated as zero.

If you go into this Purchase Line and click the Down Arrow next to the SKU, you can see that FlexNet recognizes this SKU as "Maintenance".

The end result is that both of the Purchase Records that you have linked to this license are Maintenance only.

@kclausen 

May be the attached screenshot is not clear, but to clarify the SKU is 9GA-00308, not 9GA-00306.

and for 9GA-00308  - FNMS SKU library says -  "Microsoft Core Infrastructure Server Suite Standard 16 Core multilanguage License incl. 1 Year Software Assurance Enterprise Subscription (Additional Product)". This seems to be a valid software license - purchase type. Any other thoughts ?

I just realised another point that the purchase date is 31/07/2019 while effective start date is 01/07/2019. I'm guessting this could be a problem ? For this I have just modified the start date to purchase date and will check tomorrow after an over-night recon. 

For the error 'There is a gap in maintenance coverage for this license.' I was told that if the Effective Date and purchase date are not the same, this error would show up.  Which seems odd because a lot of time the purchase date would not be the effective date so this error pops up a lot.  Any thought?  Has this been brought up before as a bug?

@kathy_allen  @kclausen I have tried this. Modified the effective start date to purchase date and ran a recon, but no luck. Pl see screenshot

The maintenance SKU on your renewal (9GA-00310) does not have fixed maintenance.  This is purchased on an EA Agreement, and the maintenance expires when the related contract expires.  See attached screen image.

Do you have a Contract that is linked to this purchase, and what is the Expiration Date of the linked contract?

Changing the effective date to match the purchase date would be for the error 'There is a gap in maintenance coverage for this license'. The error in your screen shot typically means your number of entitlements don't match your current maintenance. But it looks like they do in your screen shot. What does it say on the Compliance tab. Does it show entitlements to be 752 and 'maintenance from purchases' to be the same?

@kathy_allen @kclausen 

To break down the issue, I have remove both purchases from this licenses and re-processed only the Software License purchase alone by linking to the same license again.

Now here the issue is,  as per the screenshot, the purchases shown as 0 and current license entitlements shown as 0 even after adding only one PO record of type - software license. 

What would be wrong here, am I missing any thing.

@ImIronMan - OK, I have determined what is happening here.  Please look at my attached image.   The FlexNet Manager SKU library has (GA-00308) classified as being sold only on a Microsoft Enterprise Subscription agreement, and also has this SKU classified with a purchase type of "Software Subscription".

Even though you have the Purchase Type as "Software", FlexNet Manager is still managing this as a Subscription license, since that is what the SKU Library says.

Therefore, since the Expiry Date of your Purchase Record has a date of May 31, FlexNet Manager is determining that this Subscription License has expired and is no longer a valid entitlement.  This is why the Compliance tab says that the Purchase Count is 0.

Based on my research, I am not sure if Flexera has this SKU correct.  I am not sure if this should be a subscription license.  

If you think that it should be a Perpetual License, then you will need to submit a ticket to Support so that the Content Team can adjust how this SKU is classified.

Hello Klausen,

Yes I also think this is a perpetual license based on:

Found this on internet on a sku list:  9GA-00308-SLP CISSteStdCore ALNG LicSAPk MVL 16Lic CoreLic A Servers License/Software Assurance Pack

and 9GA-00310-SLP CISSteStdCore ALNG SA MVL 16Lic CoreLic A Servers Software Assurance.

Normally I do see numbers of LIC/SA and SA are close to each other. I think in this case 9GA-00308 and 9GA-00310 belong together.

Gr, Frank07

@kclausen 

Your observation definitely sound logical, however, I have a new observation that - the same SKU was processed against another license against a different purchase order and there is no issue.

Not sure why the problem is for this parituclar license. Attached the screenshot for your quick ref.

@ImIronMan - For you other license where the quantity is still showing on the license (PO 945512), the Expiry Date of your purchase is in 2022.

Therefore, FlexNet Manager considers this as an active subscription license and it is still active.

For your other license, where you have a Purchase with the same SKU, the Expiry Date of your purchase is in the past, and therefore FlexNet Manager considers this as an expired subscription license and the entitlement is not active and shows as 0.

@kclausen 

I should have mentioned this earlier that - I already have processed a maintanance order as well (as per my first post in this thread) which is valid upto 2025. Attached screenshot. I have also modified the effective start date to match with PO date, but no luck

Still the same error. Now, for testing purpose I have deleted the maint. PO.

Your maintenance purchases are irrelevant.  As per my prior explanation, this is a Flexera Content issue.  It thinks that your license SKU is a "subscription" license instead of a "Perpetual" license.  Since the Expiration Date of your purchase line is in the past, FlexNet says that this subscription is expired and is no longer an active entitlement.  Here is how to fix:

1) Open up the license purchase on PO Number 965715

2) Go to the License tab of this purchase

3) Select the license and remove it from the purchase.

4) Go to the General tab of your purchase.  Add an "X" to the end of your current SKU so that FlexNet does not recognized it.

5) Save your purchase

6) Go to the Unprocessed Purchases view and refresh your browser.

7) Find your Purchase line and manually link it to your License.

FlexNet Manager will now treat this purchase as a Perpetual License and once you link the Maintenance Renewal, your alert will go away.

In the interim, you should submit a Support Ticket indicating that the Flexera content library has incorrectly classified that Microsoft SKU as a subscription license, rather than a Perpetual license.

Does adding the "X" at the end of the SKU not disengage any recognition by Flexera, so that the license would update to show the correct entitlements? I have a similar issue going on (see screenshots attached), and I have followed all the steps described in the earlier posts here, but still come up with 0 entitlements. The only difference I can see between my data, and the original post in this string is that my second purchase did not identify a SKU.

@rheste2 

As Kirk pointed out above, this is a Flexera Content issue.  It thinks that your license SKU is a "subscription" license instead of a "Perpetual" license.  Since the Expiration Date of your first purchase line is in the past, FlexNet Manager says that this subscription is expired and is no longer an active entitlement. I.e. it's on this specific PO that you need to follow Kirk's suggestion above (add the X to the end) to overrule it.

Thanks,

The "Purchase History" screenshot shows the "X" added to the SKU on which expired on 3/31/21. I thought this would break the link to the ARL, and allow manual processing, and quantities and expire date would process according the current purchase. However, it did not. I ended up retiring the existing license, and creating a new one for the renewal of the subscription. 

I have had a case open with this issue since January 2019, Case 01788597. It was marked as a bug scheduled to be fixed in Q1 2020, but it hasn't been fixed yet. I just asked what the resolution date is now.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.

@EHacking - I had wondered whether this was related to the problem that you've noted here, but that appears to be a different problem from the matter being discussed in this thread:

• Case 01788597 is about the alert "There is a gap in maintenance coverage for this license" appearing on some license records.
  • This thread is talking about the following alert, which is different: "All license entitlements must be covered by current maintenance. Please remove the excess or cover the shortfall."
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)