Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Re: maintenance gap error

Jump to solution

The maintenance SKU on your renewal (9GA-00310) does not have fixed maintenance.  This is purchased on an EA Agreement, and the maintenance expires when the related contract expires.  See attached screen image.

Do you have a Contract that is linked to this purchase, and what is the Expiration Date of the linked contract?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent contributor

Jump to solution
Changing the effective date to match the purchase date would be for the error 'There is a gap in maintenance coverage for this license'. The error in your screen shot typically means your number of entitlements don't match your current maintenance. But it looks like they do in your screen shot. What does it say on the Compliance tab. Does it show entitlements to be 752 and 'maintenance from purchases' to be the same?
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@kathy_allen @kclausen 

To break down the issue, I have remove both purchases from this licenses and re-processed only the Software License purchase alone by linking to the same license again.

Now here the issue is,  as per the screenshot, the purchases shown as 0 and current license entitlements shown as 0 even after adding only one PO record of type - software license. 

What would be wrong here, am I missing any thing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Jump to solution

@rajeshponnala - OK, I have determined what is happening here.  Please look at my attached image.   The FlexNet Manager SKU library has (GA-00308) classified as being sold only on a Microsoft Enterprise Subscription agreement, and also has this SKU classified with a purchase type of "Software Subscription".

Even though you have the Purchase Type as "Software", FlexNet Manager is still managing this as a Subscription license, since that is what the SKU Library says.

Therefore, since the Expiry Date of your Purchase Record has a date of May 31, FlexNet Manager is determining that this Subscription License has expired and is no longer a valid entitlement.  This is why the Compliance tab says that the Purchase Count is 0.

Based on my research, I am not sure if Flexera has this SKU correct.  I am not sure if this should be a subscription license.  

If you think that it should be a Perpetual License, then you will need to submit a ticket to Support so that the Content Team can adjust how this SKU is classified.

Highlighted
Active participant

Jump to solution

Hello Klausen,

Yes I also think this is a perpetual license based on:

Found this on internet on a sku list:  9GA-00308-SLP CISSteStdCore ALNG LicSAPk MVL 16Lic CoreLic A Servers License/Software Assurance Pack

and 9GA-00310-SLP CISSteStdCore ALNG SA MVL 16Lic CoreLic A Servers Software Assurance.

Normally I do see numbers of LIC/SA and SA are close to each other. I think in this case 9GA-00308 and 9GA-00310 belong together.

Gr, Frank07

0 Kudos