Highlighted

maintenance gap error

Jump to solution

Hi All

As per attached screenshot, there is no gap in maintenance dates or the quantities but we still  getting the maintenance gap alert on this parituclar license. Also for this license, the purchase qty for this license showing as 0 and maintenance qty as 752 in all licenses page.

How can we fix the current license entitlements qty which is shown as 0 ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Re: maintenance gap error

Jump to solution

Your maintenance purchases are irrelevant.  As per my prior explanation, this is a Flexera Content issue.  It thinks that your license SKU is a "subscription" license instead of a "Perpetual" license.  Since the Expiration Date of your purchase line is in the past, FlexNet says that this subscription is expired and is no longer an active entitlement.  Here is how to fix:

1) Open up the license purchase on PO Number 965715

2) Go to the License tab of this purchase

3) Select the license and remove it from the purchase.

4) Go to the General tab of your purchase.  Add an "X" to the end of your current SKU so that FlexNet does not recognized it.

5) Save your purchase

6) Go to the Unprocessed Purchases view and refresh your browser.

7) Find your Purchase line and manually link it to your License.

FlexNet Manager will now treat this purchase as a Perpetual License and once you link the Maintenance Renewal, your alert will go away.

In the interim, you should submit a Support Ticket indicating that the Flexera content library has incorrectly classified that Microsoft SKU as a subscription license, rather than a Perpetual license.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Jump to solution

@rajeshponnala - The issue that you have is that the Microsoft Part Number on the first line (9GA-00306) is Maintenance Only.  It is not a valid entitlement SKU.  Even though you have the Purchase Line configured with a purchase type of "Software", FlexNet Manager knows that this SKU is "SA Only", which is why your purchase count is calculated as zero.

If you go into this Purchase Line and click the Down Arrow next to the SKU, you can see that FlexNet recognizes this SKU as "Maintenance".

The end result is that both of the Purchase Records that you have linked to this license are Maintenance only.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

@kclausen 

May be the attached screenshot is not clear, but to clarify the SKU is 9GA-00308, not 9GA-00306.

and for 9GA-00308  - FNMS SKU library says -  "Microsoft Core Infrastructure Server Suite Standard 16 Core multilanguage License incl. 1 Year Software Assurance Enterprise Subscription (Additional Product)". This seems to be a valid software license - purchase type. Any other thoughts ?

I just realised another point that the purchase date is 31/07/2019 while effective start date is 01/07/2019. I'm guessting this could be a problem ? For this I have just modified the start date to purchase date and will check tomorrow after an over-night recon. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent contributor

Jump to solution

For the error 'There is a gap in maintenance coverage for this license.' I was told that if the Effective Date and purchase date are not the same, this error would show up.  Which seems odd because a lot of time the purchase date would not be the effective date so this error pops up a lot.  Any thought?  Has this been brought up before as a bug?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@kathy_allen  @kclausen I have tried this. Modified the effective start date to purchase date and ran a recon, but no luck. Pl see screenshot

0 Kudos