Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

macOS FlexNet inventory agent now collects user information

mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

Hi

We have had 2020R2/16.0.1 agents running on our MAC computers and now when we upgraded the application servers and beacons to 2020R2. I was expecting to see the calculated user or assigned user showing up, but unfortunately not. 

For the NDI files from the inventory I can see that they report in different way "UserID on mac-...ndi". 

For those of you that have tested this, did you need to configure something or did it work out of the box? or does it require a couple of inventory cycles before FNMS calculate the usernames

(1) Solution

@mag00_75 

There is a known problem with the MacOS inventory agent so that it may fail to generate the UserID. I can see that a new patched inventory agent is available to be tested for our FNMS Cloud customers with 2020 R2.3 in UAT. Please create a support case to get the new agent for testing if you're running FNMS 2020 R2 on-premise.

Thanks

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

@mag00_75 

There is a known problem with the MacOS inventory agent so that it may fail to generate the UserID. I can see that a new patched inventory agent is available to be tested for our FNMS Cloud customers with 2020 R2.3 in UAT. Please create a support case to get the new agent for testing if you're running FNMS 2020 R2 on-premise.

Thanks