cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

content libraries not getting updated due to Digital signature verification failure

Hi Forum,

Content libraries are getting downloaded but not getting updated neither through task scheduler or via manually when executing the mgsimportrecognition.

Please find the error e:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DotNet\bin>MgsImportRecognition.exe
[2021-01-05 23:19:23,090] [INFO ] ARL tasks (All) have begun...
[2021-01-05 23:19:23,129] [INFO ] Downloading (using WebDownloader) https://www.managesoft.com/support/Compliance/RecognitionAfter82.cab
[2021-01-05 23:19:46,489] [INFO ] Download completed in 23s 355ms
[2021-01-05 23:19:46,490] [INFO ] Extracting (using CabExtractor) "\\xyz\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL\RecognitionAfter82.cab" to "\\xyz\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL\.temp-extract"
[2021-01-05 23:19:47,508] [INFO ] Cleaning folder "\\xyz\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL"
[2021-01-05 23:19:47,510] [INFO ] Deleting directory "\\xyz\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL\.temp-extract"
[2021-01-05 23:19:47,513] [INFO ] Deleting file "\\xyz\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL\RecognitionAfter82.cab"
[2021-01-05 23:19:47,526] [INFO ] Cleanup completed in 019ms
[2021-01-05 23:19:47,528] [ERROR] Unexpected error occured
[2021-01-05 23:19:47,531] [ERROR] ManageSoft.Compliance.Logic.Core.Impl.Licensing.RecognitionImport.ContentExtractException: Could not extract \\xyz\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL\RecognitionAfter82.cab ---> ManageSoft.Compliance.Logic.Core.API.ImportRecognitionCabVerifyException: Failed to verify the digital signature of the file '\\xyz\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL\RecognitionAfter82.cab'.
at ManageSoft.Compliance.Logic.Core.Impl.Licensing.RecognitionImport.CabExtractor.Extract(String archive, DirectoryInfo destination)
at ManageSoft.Compliance.Logic.Core.Impl.Licensing.RecognitionImport.ContentImport.Run(EARLImportMode mode, String groupName)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at ManageSoft.Compliance.Logic.Core.Impl.Licensing.RecognitionImport.ContentImport.Run(EARLImportMode mode, String groupName)
at ManageSoft.Compliance.Console.RecognitionImportTool.ImportRecognition()
[2021-01-05 23:19:47,533] [ERROR] Could not extract \\xyz\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL\RecognitionAfter82.cab
[2021-01-05 23:19:47,534] [ERROR] Failed to verify the digital signature of the file '\\xyz\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL\RecognitionAfter82.cab'.
[2021-01-05 23:19:47,535] [ERROR] ARL/SKU/EOSL tasks (All) have failed. Please check the ARL/SKU log files for the detailed error message.

facing this issue from past 10 days and couldn't resolve.

Regards,

(1) Solution

Hi,

Finally the issue got resolved after importing/installing the "DigiCert Assured ID Root CA" in 'Trusted Root certification Authorities' store related to RecognitionAfter82.cab file.

Wondering if there is a change in the Digital certificate CA or something else which is causing this issue from 23rd Dec.

Thanks for all the inputs and guidance on the thread.

Regards,  

View solution in original post

(14) Replies

I experienced this problem last week in our environment. The root cause in our instance was that the CAB file wasn't completely downloaded, so the digital signature was failing. 

hi ,

Have verified the digital signature of the RecognitionAfter82 cab file and its not showing as valid and attached the screenshot for the same. PURL cab file digital signature is valid and able to import it manually. Now whose problem is this and how to overcome this. size of the cab files were also captured in the attachment.

Please suggest and thanks for the inputs.

Regards,

Hi,

Did you try re-downloading the file again? Corrupt file downloads just happen sometimes.

https://www.managesoft.com/support/Compliance/RecognitionAfter82.cab

Best regards,

Markward

Hi,

tried downloading the RecognitionAfter82.cab file from PLC and the alternate links but all the files digital signatures were not ok and showing "One of the Countersignatues is not valid. The file may have been altered."  The same is fine with the PURL cab file.

Regards,

Maybe try looking at the details shown on the "Details" and "Certification Path" tabs when viewing the certificates on both .cab files and see if any differences are evident there. I believe the details seen on both certificates should be the same, but the fact that you're seeing the certificate on one file being trusted while the certificate on the other file isn't trusted suggests that maybe you will see some difference in the details that might give some insight into what is going on.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the inputs and will see what i'm missing or difference between both files digital signatures.

Happy New Year!!

Hi,

Finally the issue got resolved after importing/installing the "DigiCert Assured ID Root CA" in 'Trusted Root certification Authorities' store related to RecognitionAfter82.cab file.

Wondering if there is a change in the Digital certificate CA or something else which is causing this issue from 23rd Dec.

Thanks for all the inputs and guidance on the thread.

Regards,  

Hi,

Sorry to say issue still persists after the daily reconcile but for a different Purl file now. There is no option to verify the digital signature of this file from the properties

2021-01-08 00:30:44,983 [.RecognitionImportTool] [WARN ] To import EOSL Data, FlexNet Manager for EOSL Data license is required.
2021-01-08 00:30:44,984 [.RecognitionImportTool] [INFO ] SKU tasks (Download, Extract) have begun...
2021-01-08 00:30:44,985 [onImport.ContentImport] [INFO ] Downloading (using PurlSkuDownloader) https://www.managesoft.com/support/Compliance/PURL.cab
2021-01-08 00:30:44,988 [port.PurlSkuDownloader] [INFO ] Executing command: E:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DotNet\bin\ShadowHost.exe "E:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DotNet\bin\ImportPURL.exe" -dl "\\xyz\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\SKU"
2021-01-08 01:47:26,812 [onImport.ContentImport] [INFO ] Download completed in 1h 16m 41s
2021-01-08 01:47:26,815 [onImport.ContentImport] [INFO ] Extracting (using MultiCabExtractor) "\\xyz\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\SKU" to "\\xyz\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\SKU\.temp-extract"
2021-01-08 01:47:26,830 [.RecognitionImportTool] [ERROR] Unexpected error occured
2021-01-08 01:47:26,832 [.RecognitionImportTool] [ERROR] ManageSoft.Compliance.Logic.Core.Impl.Licensing.RecognitionImport.ContentExtractException: Could not extract \\xyz\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\SKU ---> ManageSoft.Compliance.Logic.Core.API.ImportRecognitionCabVerifyException: Failed to verify the digital signature of the file '\\xyz\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\SKU\007ec36198644a86b00000ac0bf5d1d0-PURL-IBM.cab'.
at ManageSoft.Compliance.Logic.Core.Impl.Licensing.RecognitionImport.MultiCabExtractor.Extract(String archive, DirectoryInfo destination)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at ManageSoft.Compliance.Console.RecognitionImportTool.ImportSku()
2021-01-08 01:47:26,833 [.RecognitionImportTool] [ERROR] Could not extract \\xyz\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\SKU
2021-01-08 01:47:26,833 [.RecognitionImportTool] [ERROR] Failed to verify the digital signature of the file '\\xyz\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\SKU\007ec36198644a86b00000ac0bf5d1d0-PURL-IBM.cab'.
2021-01-08 01:47:26,833 [.RecognitionImportTool] [ERROR] ARL/SKU/EOSL tasks (Download, Extract) have failed. Please check the ARL/SKU log files for the detailed error message.

Still wondering what is causing this issue when there is not change at the application/server end.

Regards

That latest observation sounds like a different problem from the original problem that this thread was raised about. If the "Digital Signatures" tab doesn't appear when viewing the properties of the .cab file in Windows Explorer, that suggests that the complete file was not download successfully for some reason. Maybe there was a transient failure during the download of the IBM .cab file.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris,

thanks and will raise a new thread as above issue is not relevant to the initial issue as suggested.

Regards, 

Hi @winvarma 

May I please bother you to check which URL site and what specific digital certificate file you have downloaded which solved this ARL signature issue?

If you could add your inputs here will be appreciated.

Cheers

Kevin

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
May I please bother you to check which URL site and what specific digital certificate file you have downloaded which solved this ARL signature issue?

If you could add your inputs here will be appreciated.
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)

@winvarma  ?