cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuration is not getting applied while installing agent on MAC

Hi Forum,

we have an issue while installing flexnet agent on the MAC its not applying the configuration from the mgsft_roolout_response file even though the required files are placed in var/tmp.

managesoft.pkg , mgsft_roolout_response.txt were placed on the device and executing the setup via terminal.

not sure if the response file extension in .txt is causing this issue and should it be in .ini format? what would be the apt extension for the response file when we place it on a mac device.

this is a Cloud setup. Appreciate  your help on this

Regards

(6) Replies
bmaudlin
By Level 9 Champion
Level 9 Champion

Hi @winvarma 👋,

The mgsft_rollout_response file needs to be edited in a plan text editor with Unix line breaks rather than Windows as the line breaks are different and would throw up an error. When saving the file however, it needs to simply be saved as a file, with no file extension. 

Ben 

Hi @winvarma 👋,

The Flexera help text does specify to use a plan text editor on a Unix device, however I have found that Notepad ++ performs the same function.  

You simply select what line breaks you need Unix or Windows - in Notepad ++ there is an option for Macintosh but that is only used for OS versions prior to OS X.

2020-12-08_10-44-46.png

It is then easy to save the file you need without any file extension, as shown below >

(The macmgsetup.sh file is just a script I have built to perform the install.)

2020-12-08_10-49-15.png

Hope this helps.

Ben

Hi Ben,

thanks for the inputs and i did save the file with out any extension but still facing the issue. MAC OS is 10.X and no chance to use notepad++ as you said.

Can we run the .sh script directly and not from the terminal as i'm trying to install the agent via shell script as you mentioned and facing issues using that method as well.

Regards

@winvarma 👋,

Atom has similar functionality to Notepad ++ https://atom.io/ - how are you editing the text file? Through TextEdit or via VIM in Terminal? I was having a nightmare with TextEdit, so used Atom to amend the required files.

You have to run the script through Terminal, you cannot execute it via macOS.

The other element to point out is are all agent files in in the /var/tmp folder as part of the install?

Ben

Hi Ben,

i've tried editing the file using text editor only and all the files related to installation were in the /var/tmp folder and that too created an issue as there were many of such kind and i did dace really a nightmare too and its still going on.

Regards

Hey @winvarma👋

I would recommend using Atom, as Text Editor kept saving it in a random format for me. You can also edit in VIM in terminal if that helps.

Ben