cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

business adapter 2019

Hi,

My client has the version 2016 of the business adapter, I need the resource link to install the business adapter 2019.
another question: to install the 2019 version, is it necessary to uninstall the 2016 version? or do I install the 2019 version directly and will it overwrite the 2016 version?

Thank you.

Regards,

OT

(2) Solutions

Hi,

The Business Adapter Studio executable (mgsbi.exe) is available in the following folder on the FNMS Application (Batch-) Server: %ProgramFilesX86%\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DotNet\bin.

Assuming that you are interested in using the stand-alone Business Adapter Studio graphical configuration tool in an on-prem installation of FNMS: The installer for the latest version of this tool is generally available together with the FlexNet Manager Platform (FNMS) release in the Flexera "Product and License Center".

It is as a separate download. The description is "Business Adapter Studio for FlexNet Manager Suite 20xx Rx". Usually, you don't have to install any older release as the installer will overwrite any previous releases automatically.

View solution in original post

You need to launch "BusinessImporterUI.EXE" for the Business Adapter Studio user interface.

MGSBI.EXE is the Business Import Engine, and has no associated user interface.

View solution in original post

(5) Replies

Hi,

The Business Adapter Studio executable (mgsbi.exe) is available in the following folder on the FNMS Application (Batch-) Server: %ProgramFilesX86%\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DotNet\bin.

Assuming that you are interested in using the stand-alone Business Adapter Studio graphical configuration tool in an on-prem installation of FNMS: The installer for the latest version of this tool is generally available together with the FlexNet Manager Platform (FNMS) release in the Flexera "Product and License Center".

It is as a separate download. The description is "Business Adapter Studio for FlexNet Manager Suite 20xx Rx". Usually, you don't have to install any older release as the installer will overwrite any previous releases automatically.

Hi,

thank you for your quickly response.

one last question: since we already have Business adapter connectors on the beacon, are they going to overwrite all that I put as a connection?

Hi,

Business Adapter connectors configured on a Beacon - using the Business Adapter feature integrated into the Beacon UI - are independent of Business Adapters that have been configured using the standalone mgsbi.exe tool.

There are certain limitations with Business Adapters configured on a Beacon, like you cannot use SQL commands to modify the data in the underlying Microsoft SQL Server database.

Any Business Adapter connectors configured on our Beacon(s) will not be affected in case you upgrade the standalone Business Adapter Studio tool.

Hi,

Thank you for your return,

I have a problem when i click on 'MGSBI.EXE' version 2019 R1, a window appears and disappears, that's all, there is no installation.

Regards,

Oth

You need to launch "BusinessImporterUI.EXE" for the Business Adapter Studio user interface.

MGSBI.EXE is the Business Import Engine, and has no associated user interface.