cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

agentless procedure

Hi community,

My client wants to inventory 8i/9i databases on redhat servers, except he doesn't want to use the agent, but he wants to use the beacon.
my questions :
- do I have to create a unix account and a sysdba account on the redhat servers? or just a sysdba account
-Do you have to install the oracle client application to make the inventory?
-What is the type of account that must be selected for the inventory on the passwordstore : “Account on Oracle database” or “Oracle listener”

Thank you.

Regards,

Othmane TALLAL

(2) Replies
rmiller1
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi Othmane,

Performing agentless inventory of databases is possible of course, and can be configured to provide the results you need.

Your question asks some of the important considerations when performing this inventory, but I would suggest you take the time to review the subject in our documentation called "Gathering FlexNet Inventory" - available on docs.flexera.com.

There is a section here: https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2020R2/EN/GatherFNInv/index.html#SysRef/FlexNetInventoryAgent/topics/ZFA-ChapIntro.html this will be useful.

HTH

R.Miller

First of all, be aware that gathering inventory from Oracle Database 8i can only be done by a beacon (aka "direct collection of Oracle inventory") - this old Oracle Database version doesn't provide the interfaces required for the agent to be able to gather Oracle Database inventory. With newer Oracle Database versions, using the agent to gather inventory is generally easier to do and typically gives more reliable results.

In relation to the specific questions noted:

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)