cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You could not be signed into Flexera Analytics

FNMS 2020 R2 On Prem

When I go to the Analytics page is pops up a Windows Security / Sign in  to access this site / Authorization required by http://servername

Entering my ID and password does not help.

If I cancel it presents a page with:

You could not be signed into Flexera Analytics
Invalid login response

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

First of all, I'm assuming that your system is set up to use Windows authentication (and not SAML SSO based authentication). If that assumption is wrong then the following comments will be off the mark.

If your credentials are not being accepted here then that suggests that the IIS process the Analytics (IBM Cognos) application is running under is not set up to authenticate or trust your credentials for some reason. I always find IIS and Windows authentication topics somewhat scary and mystical (!), but I would be poking around in the authentication configuration settings that are on the Cognos virtual directory in IIS. For example:

• Check Windows and/or Basic Authentication is enabled as per how you expect it to be configured
  • Check the "Provider" settings on the Windows Authentication settings in IIS - I'm not sure what settings may be correct/appropriate for your environment, but try different configurations (you're not going to break it more than it is broken already!)
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

First of all, I'm assuming that your system is set up to use Windows authentication (and not SAML SSO based authentication). If that assumption is wrong then the following comments will be off the mark.

If your credentials are not being accepted here then that suggests that the IIS process the Analytics (IBM Cognos) application is running under is not set up to authenticate or trust your credentials for some reason. I always find IIS and Windows authentication topics somewhat scary and mystical (!), but I would be poking around in the authentication configuration settings that are on the Cognos virtual directory in IIS. For example:

• Check Windows and/or Basic Authentication is enabled as per how you expect it to be configured
  • Check the "Provider" settings on the Windows Authentication settings in IIS - I'm not sure what settings may be correct/appropriate for your environment, but try different configurations (you're not going to break it more than it is broken already!)
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)