cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You could not be signed into Flexera Analytics

Hi ,

We are unable to collect the log files in the Flexera reporting analytic page.

Please let us know where this log files will be stored? So that it will be very useful who are all able to login into the page

Attached the error screen shot

(1) Solution

Hi,

Thanks for the solution.

But i want to know whether we can able to collect the logs for those error message.

Now understand we cant have logs for those.

Thanks for the Help.

View solution in original post

(6) Replies

This error happens because you have exceeded the License Limits for Flexera Analytics.  You can only have 1 User Account assigned to the role of "Analytics Portal Admin".  If you have more than 1 User Account assigned to this Role, this is the error message that is received.  Note that part of the text of the error indicates "License Limits Exceeded".  To fix this issue, go to the Account page, find the accounts that have been assigned to the role of Reporting Portal Admin, and update the accounts to that only 1 account is assigned to this role.

Please review the attached WORD document that has an example of this scenario.

Kirk

Thanks Krik for the solution.

Please let me know Path where this logs will be updated in the server, Web or Batch or Analytic server. Then i can collect logs for detailed analysis.

Thanks in Advance

Log files for IBM Cognos (Flexera Analytics) can be found in the following folder on the server where Cognos is installed:
C:\Program Files\ibm\cognos\analytics\logs

Log files for FlexNet Manager can be found in the following folder.  Under this folder are additional folders with Log Files for different modules of FlexNet Manager, such as the Inventory Beacon, Compliance Imports, and the Batch Processor.
C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging

Note that the error you are seeing is not coming from IBM Cognos.  This message is being generated by FlexNet Manager as it is looking at the Security Role assigned to the current user and determining that access to the Analytics Engine is not allowed because you are exceeding the License Terms of the FlexNet Manager License Key.

Yes, i have idea now. But i want to verify the where the log file is stored for the license exceed message. so that we can explain to user or also we can update in KEDB.

Unfortunately, this specific message is not stored in a Log File.

The good news is that this is a very uncommon message.  You are restricted to 1 "Analytics Portal Admin" user, and this role is only needed during the installation of Analytics, or during an upgrade of the product.

I had previously attached a WORD document to this discussion which explains the error message and how to fix it.

Kirk

Hi,

Thanks for the solution.

But i want to know whether we can able to collect the logs for those error message.

Now understand we cant have logs for those.

Thanks for the Help.