cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You are within 5% of the maximum number of computer records that you are licensed to manage with FlexNet Manager Suite.

Hello All, 

I am getting this error. We have recently implemented flexnet manager suite cloud in our premise.

You are within 5% of the maximum number of computer records that you are licensed to manage with FlexNet Manager Suite.

Practically, we procured more license than our current setup. Can anyone help me how to do the cleanup activity in the active users list. I can see, duplication in serial number. Please suggest. 

Thanks, 

(5) Replies

This message relates to devices specifically rather than users so I'd focus on that.

For the devices where you saw duplicate serial numbers, are the names of the device the same?  In other words, do they look like the same device or are they completely different?

Also, are these virtual machines or physical computers as it could be that the virtual machines have been cloned which duplicates the serial number.

If that is the case, these are separate devices and shouldn't be merged.

One suggestion that may help is to look at devices with Active Inventory and see how long it is since they've reported, if it has been for some time you can set these to Ignored which would remove them from the calculation while you investigate them further i.e. should they have been removed from the data source or if not, why are they not updating.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.

Hi,

Can you check for the last inventory date for the duplicate ones? I encountered cases when the OS team install a new server install the agent on them, agent generate inventory, all fine, and after some time they join the domain, and then FNMS generated a new inventory and the old one just aged out, if you don't delete them they will consume license.

Also if you don't have assets linked to inventory, you will not know if a server is decommissioned, they some time again will remain with old inventory date. 

And to not forget the vCenter inventory and esxi that are linked to vCenter are consumed from server license.

Hi Please find my findings. 

1. Most of the VM has error - This virtual machine does not have a host. What we do on this?

2.  There are 200 devices(computer) which has this error -This device has a serial number with an invalid character. what we do on this?

Highly appreciated if you can help me.

Thanks,

Yuvaraj 

Hi,

For the VM with not host, please check if the host where this VM's are is audited or not. If they are on a ESXi that is managed by a vCenter, you need to audit that vCenter, regardless if you installed an agent or not on the vCenter.

Regarding invalid character in the serial number, I don't know what to say, check the computer to see if indeed they are returning invalid characters.

Invalid serial numbers are generally those which contain any of the characters specified in the following setting on the System Settings > Inventory tab (I think the default value for this setting is just a space character):

image.png

See the following online help topic for more information about this configuration setting: System Settings: Inventory Tab

(Community tip: It is good practice to start a new discussion thread for each separate topic/question that you have. Keep this thread focused on the question about the "... within 5% of the maximum number of computer records ..." message.) 

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)